Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave my MINI F55 Cooper S with some extras back to Mini finance on 9th March with 15,905 miles on the clock. My 3 year PCP deal was up in October with £10,000 GFV.
The reason for this being i tried to PX against a Polo GTI+ but the VW dealer wasn't interested. I see the car is now for sale at a MINI dealership in the SW of England for £16,945. Have preowned cars gone up in value by that amount due to shortage of electronic componets?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry forgot to add the dealer was only offering £11,200 and said there wasn't enought in it for them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, prices have gone mad. We bought our 2017 F57 Cooper S in January from a mini dealership £14250, best time to buy a convertible. Out of curiosity I put the details into We buy any car due to what I was hearing and was astounded to see the offer come in at £15850!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here the new MINI prices have skyrocketed as well with the arrival of the LCI.
In October 2019 i bought a new JCW Hatch for 2.075.000 russian rubles (around 29,000 EUR at that point).
Now we have this LCI and a new JCW costs about 3.500.000 rubles (around 39,000 EUR today), that's crazy
I used to call MINI JCW the unrivaled choice of "fastest new car for your money" in Russia and CIS but it seems not anymore. Now the Golf GTI costs the same and Mercedes A35 AMG is not far away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Cooper S has now gone up by almost £2k in the space of two months on WBAC.

Almost fell off my chair and they are usually renowned for rubbish offers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Used car prices in the UK are generally up, most likely until the end of the year once we are out of furlough etc, and factories can ramp up production to normal levels.

The fact that new BMW MINI prices are also inflated helps retain extra value in second hand models as it’s still technically the same generation of car.

I bought my fully loaded 2017 MCS in Oct ‘20 for just over 12.5k, and safe to say it’s still worth around that now so I’m happy!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I part exchanged my 2016 F55 cooper S last Saturday. Just under 22k miles, pretty high spec and a long scratch on the rear quarter. (not my doing) The dealer gave me 12.5k off the clubman I was buying. I expect to see it for sale at £15.5-16.5k in a few weeks. Dad traded in his 2017 M140 two weeks before and got £21.7k. Ended up listed at £23.5, so dealers will give roughly 3k less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All?

I’m in the States in Virginia. Bought a mint 2016 mini S 2 door fully loaded with 23k miles one year ago for $15k. A national used car dealer here offered me $21k this week, this due to shortage of new cars (computer chip shortage) and shortage of good used cars. Who would have thought?

·
Registered
55 Posts
All?

I’m in the States in Virginia. Bought a mint 2016 mini S 2 door fully loaded with 23k miles one year ago for $15k. A national used car dealer here offered me $21k this week, this due to shortage of new cars (computer chip shortage) and shortage of good used cars. Who would have thought?
Hey there which used car dealer? My 2019 mini Cooper S is coming up for lease return in December, it is absolutely loaded except the driver assistance package, parking assistant, and adaptive cruise control which doesn’t even come with stop and go as it cuts off at like 20 miles an hour. But it is an LCI with Forward collision warning and automatic braking. mine is pretty unique as I rarely see my rims on any mini coopers, They are the mini yours 18 inch, my payoff is 23,345, wondering if I should buy it out and sell it for profit👌🙏 I currently have 12,800 miles on it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey there which used car dealer? My 2019 mini Cooper S is coming up for lease return in December, it is absolutely loaded except the driver assistance package, parking assistant, and adaptive cruise control which doesn’t even come with stop and go as it cuts off at like 20 miles an hour. But it is an LCI with Forward collision warning and automatic braking. mine is pretty unique as I rarely see my rims on any mini coopers, They are the mini yours 18 inch, my payoff is 23,345, wondering if I should buy it out and sell it for profit I currently have 12,800 miles on it View attachment 74262 View attachment 74263
You will DEFINITELY make money, and more so given the chip shortage and rising prices of new. But worth keeping an eye on what similar spec/year/models are selling for so you can get an idea. Our loaded Cooper S with pano etc finishes the 2 year 0% in March 2022, and settlement will be £14.5k. I will DEFINITELY be buying and either keeping longer or selling we will see. I did put £7.5k down originally so would expect to get most of that back if I sold

1 - 11 of 11 Posts