Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions on the printed white details on the outside of the central ring?

I'm about to buy a Moonwalk Grey (red roof) JCW manual and the ONLY thing I dislike about the car is the graphics on the ring. I asked the dealer if I could opt out but he said no.

I'm assuming I can buy a replacement ring but wondered if anyone else has done this already?

(I've had a VO Cooper since last December but can't resist the JCW. It's calling me!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I've had my JCW 3-4 weeks and have forgotten the graphics are there, doesn't notice at all. Not sure if that helps much, but there's afr too many good things inside the cabin for that to distract me :)

I don't see why you couldn't get a spare, an then you could have it whatever colour you wanted...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It's not just for looks...it actually is functional if you set the light ring for tachometer monitoring. I use it more than the tach since it's much easier to see. This is especially true without having the HUD option.

To each their own I suppose...for me simpler is better...I don't like the XL center pod, or even visual boost.

Smart move going for the MT JCW...,good luck with your order,

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked my new JCW up yesterday and they had to steel a JCW surround from a demo as the factory havnt had stock for the last 6 months according to dealer. But crazy as mini know what they should be making for each car surely!

So depending on when yours is built it may have a piano black one anyway

·
Registered
97 Posts
I picked my new JCW up yesterday and they had to steel a JCW surround from a demo as the factory havnt had stock for the last 6 months according to dealer. But crazy as mini know what they should be making for each car surely!

So depending on when yours is built it may have a piano black one anyway
This will be why I don't have one.

Not that I'm complaining, I didn't particularly like it either.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm glad mine was delivered with plain gloss black it looks so much better it as said prob wouldn't notice it either way . But does look like nice I wonder if you can buy the transfer that they use to stick it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah mine was new registered on the 25th September and the dealership have said MINI are scraping the graphics on the centre console. They said is is because of reports of it looking cheap and people asking if they can order with out it. Mine hasn't got it and to be honest I'm glad as it looks loads better with out it imo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome. So the graphics are now a collectors item - like my Paul Newman Daytona Rolex!
I love the graphics on the centre ring - a subtle hint at racing heritage but frankly not OTT like the crazy sports seats and red lines in the cabin (I got punch leather seats and piano black trim on my JCW for a more classic interior - I agree the interior can look quite gaudy if you are not careful to tone it down)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yeah mine was new registered on the 25th September and the dealership have said MINI are scraping the graphics on the centre console. They said is is because of reports of it looking cheap and people asking if they can order with out it. Mine hasn't got it and to be honest I'm glad as it looks loads better with out it imo.
That's interesting. I suppose MINI actually listens to buyers sometimes. Personally, I don't find it objectionable...not in a JCW anyway. Just like the JCW sport seats. I anguished about the seats before going with the red-lined Dinamica seats...and I am so glad I did..again, they are JCW seats, exclusive to the JCW. Much depends on the color scheme the owner is going for, personal comfort, etc. Sometimes, owners get a little carried away with interior & exterior details, but that's what MINI's are all about right?...to each their own!

My chief beef is the liberal use of JCW add-ons to non-JCW MINI's. I think you will see MINI reduce this in the future.

Reactions: Tigercub-uk

·
Registered
270 Posts
My chief beef is the liberal use of JCW add-ons to non-JCW MINI's. I think you will see MINI reduce this in the future.
Lol. I think it is cool that there are so many wannabes out there. Those with a Cooper S wanting more. The JCW 2015 hatch is certainly a beast. And an absolute monster when Chip box tuned or remapped.>:D>:D

The key is "useable power" and BMW seem to have hit it out of the park. The suspension and balance and handling of a car is just as important as the HP and torque. Audi, VW, Ford and other hot hatches may have a slight edge in power but the F56 JCW as a total package - power, acceleration, braking, weight, stability, cornering and overall handling - it just feels so right. :D

Never have I felt so glued to the road and a car that handles so evenly when cornering. At first I felt the car could be a bit lighter but I doubt a lighter car would handle as well. The steel body combined with a light aluminium engine and front wheel drive with tires at four corner extremities is just eminently harmoniously balanced. Furthermore the seated position is ideal to feel what the car is doing - most higher end sports coupes suffer from being too lengthy and offer extreme acceleration but at the expense of corner handling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.