Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2015 Mini is just 20 days old yet last week I noticed a slight burn/hole on the passenger seat (see attached photo). I literally have no idea what could have caused this and am now assuming it happened when getting manufactured and I didn't notice it when taking delivery. I have not had any passengers travel with me as yet and certainly don't smoke so was wondering what could have caused this burn or hole. To me it almost looks like it's a tear that has been singed and cauterised to repair it.

I contacted the dealership today who took photos and said they would get back to me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Do you drive with your windows open? I detest the (acceptable to smokers) practice of launching your lit cigarette butt out of the window with zero regard to other road users, the environment or wildlife.

Hope you get the seat cover replaced by the dealer without any hassle.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I am with Ken had that happen to me with my SLK when I had the Top Down:( or the Detailer over at the Dealership sneaked some hot AIR from that flaming spicy Chicken at Jack in the Box.

If the Dealer will not fix it any good Interior Shop can take care of it for cheap. Looks like Queen MOM got burned too.

·
Super Moderator
7,898 Posts
That's so annoying. We had oil delivered and he's run the pipe along my rear wheel arch and scratched it. Grr. I shall buy a new piece I think.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Heat definitely caused that, but my guess is it came that way from production. I hate it for you. Hopefully, your dealer will stand behind it. Makes me even more paranoid about when my car arrives!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts