Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an error message today to say the tyre pressure monitoring system has failed. Tried resetting it which didn't work. Anyway went to the dealers and they have checked and said it needs a new sensor which should be fitted in the new year.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I've seen that pop up on a few cars. It's usually either a bad sensor or faulty programming. Both easy fixes, but time consuming. Most dealers will try programming first, but programming takes 4+ hours.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
We'll all be getting these when the dratted sensor batteries run out in 4or 5 years. Not a good invention. Thanks eu.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
We'll all be getting these when the dratted sensor batteries run out in 4or 5 years. Not a good invention. Thanks eu.
Your tires will get replaced before the sensors go dead and typically any tire shop would replace the sensors when they fit the new tires.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
mmm, so they say and yes you're right-new sensors with new tyre-£70 extra! Grrrrr

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an error message today to say the tyre pressure monitoring system has failed. Tried resetting it which didn't work. Anyway went to the dealers and they have checked and said it needs a new sensor which should be fitted in the new year.
well the error message went away and i was considering cancelling the appointment at the dealers. Anyway i decided to take and and they checked it out and decided to change one of the sensors. when they took it for a test drive to reset, they got the error message again. They have now decided after plugging it into the computer that it needs a new control unit which should arrive tomorrow. hopefully that should sort out the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts