Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ordering my car in mid May, it's finally going into production next week (W/C 20th October)!!!! So excited now!

Couple of of questions though, how long does it usually take from being built to being able to pick up from the showroom? Also, how some will I get a VIN number?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Great news, Midnight! You deserve some kind of medal for your patience!
Sorry, I don't know how soon your VIN no. will be available (but I would imagine pretty soon after the car is produced). My guess is that you'll have your car mid-to-late November - if not earlier.

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts
Hi there your dealer should be able to give you the chassis number now.not sure 're vin. If it is made I would say max2 weeks.mine was made week around 20th August (week after we had our factory tour) and it arrived at dealer around 2nd Sept. Not long now. Be excited!

·
Registered
441 Posts
After ordering my car in mid May, it's finally going into production next week (W/C 20th October)!!!! So excited now!

Couple of of questions though, how long does it usually take from being built to being able to pick up from the showroom? Also, how some will I get a VIN number?

The Chassis is available from status 5055 which will have happened already

The Chassis will return the datasheet on the VIN lookup tool from around 2pm on the Wednesday of the production week :) so 22nd.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Chassis is available from status 5055 which will have happened already

The Chassis will return the datasheet on the VIN lookup tool from around 2pm on the Wednesday of the production week :) so 22nd.
Thanks profiteroles :) Have asked my sales rep for the VIN anyways so hopefully will get a reply soon :) How long is your wait now?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ask your dealer to email you a screen print from the system they use to check progress (say after such a long wait you want to see the production date on the system!) the screen will show the chassis no and delivery date to the dealer. Mine was built 15/10 and is due at dealer on 23/10 according to the screen print they sent me (chassis starts 2A so guess it is coming from Netherlands). They haven't given me a date to pick it up but I'm assuming it should be within a week of them getting it (I'm sure they are keen to get their hands on the rest of my money).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ask your dealer to email you a screen print from the system they use to check progress (say after such a long wait you want to see the production date on the system!) the screen will show the chassis no and delivery date to the dealer. Mine was built 15/10 and is due at dealer on 23/10 according to the screen print they sent me (chassis starts 2A so guess it is coming from Netherlands). They haven't given me a date to pick it up but I'm assuming it should be within a week of them getting it (I'm sure they are keen to get their hands on the rest of my money).
Thanks Sag for the info! Have had a screen shot before, but will ask for an up-to-date one now! :) So excited now!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks profiteroles :) Have asked my sales rep for the VIN anyways so hopefully will get a reply soon :) How long is your wait now?

I honestly don't know... my VIN is lookupable from last weds (suggesting it has been built - it even includes a "built on" date of last week) but the dealer insists that it hasn't yet.

I guess maybe they are planning to surprise me! Or give themselves a week's head start in getting the paperwork sorted to stop me pestering them! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts