Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of us awaiting delivery of our Minis in the US, how long after you placed your order at the dealership did it take for you to get your production number?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello, Mark.

My production order number was provided on the top of the paper work that from the dealership - specificaly the Vehicle Inquiry Report. So, for me the same day as my order.

If you are not sure, the dealship would know. Tracking it during the production status (using the production number) was very cool!

Best,
Jenna

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jenna, i ordered mine a week ago and still no number, guess i may be a bit impatient. dealer told me they would e mail me as soon as they get it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mark,

Forgot to say congratulations on your order! Sharp color choice, too.
Mine (ordered 7/29/14) is blazing red with white bonnet stripes and is on a ship as we speak.

Jenna

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well congrats to you as well, hope this epa mess gets cleared up soon so that you get an early delivery......post pics when you get it

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had mine the same day I ordered it, July 2. My sales gal said they used a dealer stock car and modified it to my specifications.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mark,

When you get your production number - this site/page is super helpful for those who are interested in tracking the progress of their MINI.

Oh, I wanted to add - just like the comment above my car was part of my dealer's allotement so it was already to queue with a production number.

Best,
Jenna

·
Registered
237 Posts
I ordered mine on Sunday, August 31 and got the production number last Friday, so within the week. The dealer told me to expect delivery sometime in November.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So 2 months after I placed my order, I called the dealership to inquire status, get VIN and production number. By this time my original and very nice salesman had been fired without cause. They transferred me to the manager who gave me the VIN, the name of the vehicle carrier, expected delivery date, but balked when I asked for the production number. He couldn't figure out why I would want that! I found it very weird, especially now when I read other waiting customers want this for tracking purposes too. He gave it to me readily when I explained I wanted it to put it into the MINI website to track my car! I'm not liking this guy a whole lot, seems a bit greasy, and some of the fun of the buying, waiting and delivery process has gone, like the original guy that I had built a rapport with. Essentially now that the car will soon be here, I don't know anybody at the dealership.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought, being north of the border, I wouldn't be caught in the EPA mess you guys are facing. I still am not sure that I am. I get fairly vague info from my dealer. In all honesty, I don't think they have a clue where my car is or when it will arrive. I got my VIN number a week ago (I ordered in June). I know it's been built. We found a website that said it was shipped in August but that's it. My husband would tell you I'm not patient at the best of times. This is killing me!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I ordered mine June 26. It came to port in California on Sept. 5. I tracked it there on a vehicle carrier named "Phoenix Leader." I don't know if next they're put on trucks to the dealers or go to some holding facility. As we both ordered in June, maybe our cars travelled together.
Seems weird that Canada would be affected by EPA, but who knows how these mysterious things work. Do you know if ANY 2015s have been released in your country?

·
Registered
191 Posts
To be honest, I don't know if any have been released here. I certainly haven't seen them. I asked that question in the Canadian forum, but it's not what you'd call "very active". Maybe someone will have an answer though..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what i have heard, though please do not take this as gospel is that for some reason Canada uses the US EPA........in other forums Canadians seem to have tracked cars to points of entry, yet none have been released that i have heard of......just passin the word

1 - 20 of 21 Posts