Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back home the other evening I detected a slight per dum per dum as I was breaking. Never thought it was a puncture as no warning lights came up on the dash. But about once per month tyre pressure warning lights up for the rear one so i always put a bit of air in and that does it for another month.

Well this morning the tyre pressure warning message flashes up and i knew id only put air in last week. After travelling a couple of mile gets out the car to post a letter and saw it was the front tyre completely flat.

Got to ATS here in the UK and we found a small piece of metal had lodged into the tread and I mean small. I told him about the rear tyre as I thought it might be a faulty valve. He took that one off and found a very small metal tack that had created the smallest of holes. He repaired that one but the other had to be replaced.

Like for like was a 205/45 17' Michelin PS3 cost £133 plus wheel balance came to a total of £140. At least i wont be having the warning every month now. BUT I thought tyres were much tougher to puncture these days but it doesn't appear so from my experience.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My wife and I were on a motorcycle trip and she got this little guy right between the tread. So frustratingly small. was able to plug it up and continue but ended up replacing the tire. Were you using runflats?

Reactions: Mindo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont have run flats. But the photo showing that small piece of metal was the same size as the one that caused the rear tyre to have the slow puncture. the metal that caused me replace the front wasnt much bigger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.