Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! This is my first post and thread here.

I just ordered a Mini Cooper S and while I'm waiting for the car arrival I was browsing looking for some upgrades to the engine power.

I found some interesting stuff regarding plug & play ECU tuning, perfomance air intake and exhaust. I was considering the following pieces of equipment:

1) Remus Powerizer;
2) NM Engine F56 Power Module (I was only able to find information that the MN Power Module only adds 3 PSI to the turbo pressure. Therefore, I was planning to have it working together with the Remus Powerizer, which is a much more complex plug & play ECU tuning. Therefore, my question is if I can have Remus Powerizer and NM Engine Power Module working together? and in case I can, if someone know the HP gain?)
3)Instal NM Performance Air Intake; and
4) Instal Remus cat-back "Sport" Exhaust System with integrated valve (Please correct if I'm wrong, but I think the "Race" system will make to much noise).

Does anyone suggests something different?

Any other suggestions, comments?

Thanks,

JC

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wouldn't bother with these bells and whistles until you drive it buddy. My last car was a little faster than my Cooper S, but it feels like plenty in the Mini.

Also, I wouldn't be keen on jeopardizing my new very expensive toy's warranty.

That said, lemme know if you get any of these and whether they do anything!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Jrosa

Any luck with any feedback? Looking around can't find anyone who's done the Remus Powerizer upgrade. Like RickyB has mentioned could be an expensive mistake if goes wrong but the 230hp does sound temping.

Have you looked at the JCW upgrade kit is available but expensive compared to the Remus but you do get that all important mini warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wizbit76, unfortunately the JCW upgrade is not available in Brazil :(

I was thinking better, and I will start with the Remus Powerizer and the NM Performance Air Intake (to keep the warranty I will have to remove them every time I take the car to the Mini repair center - and this is a pain...).

Regarding the NM Engine F56 Power Module, I did a little bit more research about it and it really seems that this module only increases the turbo pressure (by 3PSI), but I'm afraid to put it to work together with the Remus Powerizer.

But the one that really hurts not installing is the Remus cat-back "Sport" Exhaust System with integrated valve. The engine sound gets sweet with the open valve... but if I install it my warranty goes down the drain...

Cheers!

JC

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wizbit76, unfortunately the JCW upgrade is not available in Brazil :(

I was thinking better, and I will start with the Remus Powerizer and the NM Performance Air Intake (to keep the warranty I will have to remove them every time I take the car to the Mini repair center - and this is a pain...).

Regarding the NM Engine F56 Power Module, I did a little bit more research about it and it really seems that this module only increases the turbo pressure (by 3PSI), but I'm afraid to put it to work together with the Remus Powerizer.

But the one that really hurts not installing is the Remus cat-back "Sport" Exhaust System with integrated valve. The engine sound gets sweet with the open valve... but if I install it my warranty goes down the drain...

Cheers!

JC
Exhaust system replacement = No warranty impact, double checked with official Mini dealer, Remus offers 3y. warranty, let me know if you already installed Remus Powerizer and how that works?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts