Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over floormat options for my car when it arrives, one thing I don't know is if there is a hook in the floor well for the driver and passenger floor mats?

Does the F56 come with driver side hook in the floor, both driver & passenger, or neither?

Just another thing I forgot to look at when at the dealer.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! That really helps.

·
Registered
237 Posts
In order to get them to attach, you have to remove the carpet mats. I didn't want to do this, but then the rubber mats slide all over. In the back, I was able to put the rubber mats over the carpet ones and they stay in place as there is no room for them to move.

·
Registered
505 Posts
And let me tell ya, that's some serious velcro. I have the upgraded floor mats (the thick rubber ones) and they are NOT going anywhere. I tugged on one of them the other day thinking I'd just dump the dust out and decided I'd just vacuum it later... I didn't want to ruin the perfect alignment and then do the old, rrrrrrrip {dang it}, rrrrrrrrrrip {DANNNG!} rrrrrrip... thing, and tear up my carpet

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And let me tell ya, that's some serious velcro. I have the upgraded floor mats (the thick rubber ones) and they are NOT going anywhere. I tugged on one of them the other day thinking I'd just dump the dust out and decided I'd just vacuum it later... I didn't want to ruin the perfect alignment and then do the old, rrrrrrrip {dang it}, rrrrrrrrrrip {DANNNG!} rrrrrrip... thing, and tear up my carpet
So the velcro really does help huh? I am considering Cocomats for my JCW and the guy said that he puts velcro on the driver side mat for no charge, but there is a charge for the other side if you want it. I doubt seriously that cocomats are going anywhere even without the velcro. I haven't ordered them yet....I figure I won't have the car for 3 months anyway, so there's plenty of time...poo hoo! :crying:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yup... you can not shift these mats with the velcro. It's not going anywhere under any driving conditions. Seems kind of lame to charge extra for velcro. I just looked at Cocomats.com and they have a rubber backing... you could just peel and stick some yourself.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup... you can not shift these mats with the velcro. It's not going anywhere under any driving conditions. Seems kind of lame to charge extra for velcro. I just looked at Cocomats.com and they have a rubber backing... you could just peel and stick some yourself.
Thanks! I agree, but I think the guy may actually sew the velcro into the rubber like OEM mats. If you've ever had cocomats, they are "the best" quality mats I've ever seen for the classic/vintage look. I may just wait and try the rubber MINI mats to start with since they aren't that expensive, but I was leaning toward the coco black with red #51 mats to tie into the black interior with the red highlights in the JCW interior (including the Dinamica Leather/Suede with red trimmed seats). For the cost though, I might be smart to wait to get the car first...just takes cocomats about 4 to 5 weeks (shipped), since they are custom made mats....wanted them here waiting on the car! :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah, I'm familiar with the Coco mats brand, so I'm wondering how they'd sew velcro to 'em without compromising the rubber backing they use to keep the crud & water from going through into the car carpet. That's the one thing about that brand I never quite understood... what do you do when they get full of crud, just chuck them? Nowadays those things look great tho.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I'm familiar with the Coco mats brand, so I'm wondering how they'd sew velcro to 'em without compromising the rubber backing they use to keep the crud & water from going through into the car carpet. That's the one thing about that brand I never quite understood... what do you do when they get full of crud, just chuck them? Nowadays those things look great tho.

Ha!.....that's exactly what I was thinking! I suppose I could ask for a sample or photo of the velcro on the back before plunking down $. Then again, I really have no problem with the MINI rubber mats, and they cost less...so maybe I could try those first. I have a set of relatively new cocomats in my '73 2002tii but that car hardly ever gets driven, so crud in the mats isn't gonna happen! The current cocomats are really solid and well made though.

I'll probably end up with "both"! :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
There's a Jay Leno's garage episode about them where Jay is talking to the head of the company - just found the clip online! Good stuff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts