Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my car back from the dealer and I noticed a difference between the LED ring in the loaner (2015 model) and my car (2014). When you look at the ring in my car you can make out the individual LEDs and see dark spots in between. In the newer model it was smooth as butter and just looked like solid color.

I've also noticed what look like scratches inside the ring in some spots.

Just wondering if other have seen similar things?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got my car back from the dealer and I noticed a difference between the LED ring in the loaner (2015 model) and my car (2014). When you look at the ring in my car you can make out the individual LEDs and see dark spots in between. In the newer model it was smooth as butter and just looked like solid color.

I've also noticed what look like scratches inside the ring in some spots.

Just wondering if other have seen similar things?
Hi, I have a 2015 model and the LED lights look like a continuous band to me - haven't seen any scratches either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Attaching a better picture of the 'scratches'. Showed the issue to the dealer this morning and they're going to order me a new LED ring. I'm interested to see if I get a newer smoother one.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.