Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys !

So I just recently acquired a new 2015 Mini Cooper S, fully loaded. It is the 2 door, hatchback model, NAV, Heads-Up, Connected Pkg, 17'' Rims, Park-Assist (like it actually parallel parks itself) everything except harmon/kardon and sat radio. I am absolutely in love. But with any great love story, there will always be a tad bit of tragedy...

So I bought the vehicle at the beginning of November. It had exactly 98km on it, and that was including the test drive I took it for before putting money down. I picked it up on the 2nd, and enjoyed the vehicle for a glorious 2 days when...

It began popping out of first gear, unexpectedly and in the worst possible moments. At first I thought it was driver error, getting used to the new clutch and all (did I mention its a 6-speed manual ?!). The car at this point had maybe 150km on it. So, like any new parent of a tiny baby would do, I took it back to the professionals and had them look it over. They immediately gave me a loaner (328xi) and had the vehicle for the weekend.

On Monday I get a phone call, saying they were successful in replicating the problem and they had filed a report with MINI Canada in hopes of figuring out what was going on. Tuesday I get another call from the dealer saying that it was an internal error with the transmission and that THE ENTIRE TRANSMISSION of the car has to be replaced.

No ETA, no nothing, just a "wait till the parts arrive".

So, after 3 MONTHS, numerous calls to MINI Canada, the dealership, having the wrong part arrive and having to re-order it from germany (which at that point in time was experiencing huge delays because of high demand), my transmission finally arrived and it was installed.

Thankfuly, I am getting some compensation back, but I have to discuss that with MINI canada, I'll make sure to keep you all informed as to how that goes ! (fingers crossed:| )

I just picked the car up 3 days ago, and now I am experiencing some issues with the Office feature on the car and I'm looking for some help. When I first picked the vehicle up, any text messages I recieved would show up in the offices app (in car) and the tab messages would appear. I could read any of my previous messaged. Didn't matter if I was parked or moving, and it didnt matter if I had received them prior to getting in the car or during. NOW, I can't access them at all ! Nothing shows up ! I reset my bluetooth connection, erased my phone from the connections app (in-car) and re-added everything and still, nothing !

Also, the calendar application in MINI connected keeps crashing. Facebook, twitter and news work, but the calendar wont even load. I deleted and re-loaded the app and nothing.

Anyone experiencing the same issues and have a solution ? Or maybe some suggestions ? Anything is appreciated ! :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What kind of phone are you using?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having a problem with my 2015 S F56 popping out of 1st gear too.... Dealer has me convinced that its just me.... so I was glad to find your post.... thou replacing the whole tranny is not what I expected...
IAE, you post has given me hope that a tech bulletin will eventually emerge...

No idea about your problems with the messaging.... Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm assuming he's on an iPhone, otherwise half of what he mentioned wouldn't be available, like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

My android phone is connected via Bluetooth, sms only sometimes shows up, it's quite finicky.

BUT I could never get Facebook to work with the in car iPhone plugged into the USB. Just tells me to log into Facebook on the phone whenever I select the Facebook option from the center display. Go to the phone to log in, I'm already logged in. And as soon as I pull up Facebook, the mini connected stops working (since the app has to be running in the foreground in order for connected to work).

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm assuming he's on an iPhone, otherwise half of what he mentioned wouldn't be available, like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

My android phone is connected via Bluetooth, sms only sometimes shows up, it's quite finicky.

BUT I could never get Facebook to work with the in car iPhone plugged into the USB. Just tells me to log into Facebook on the phone whenever I select the Facebook option from the center display. Go to the phone to log in, I'm already logged in. And as soon as I pull up Facebook, the mini connected stops working (since the app has to be running in the foreground in order for connected to work).
The idea that someone is farting around with Facebook inside a car-- a freaking car-- terrifies me. But I'm funny that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey - I actually have a Galaxy S5. If you have the MINI connected app installed from Google play you can activate Facebook, Twitter, news and calendar. I have my Facebook feed and Twitter feed on their ( access depends on if you are parked or moving). The calendar app keeps crashing on the car though. Took it to dealership yesterday, they scheduled it for a software update as I couldn't do it with a USB (car told me I couldn't install software :mad: )

Gary my invoice said something about how they went and filed a complaint with PUMA. Apparently MINI Canada knows of the issues and they are trying to compile VIN numbers. My advise is call MINI canada customer service and tell them what's happening and that the dealership isn't doing anything and that you know of other minis that are having their trannies replaced.

In other news, for the issues with my tranny, they are increasing the power train warranty by two years. Fingers crossed they come back with more for the software update ( not that I'm trying to milk this at all.... :p )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

You have to log in through the mini connected app. For my galaxy, it was as easy as launching mini connected, tapping the Facebook logo and following the directions to connect through Facebook.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You have to log in through the mini connected app. For my galaxy, it was as easy as launching mini connected, tapping the Facebook logo and following the directions to connect through Facebook.
When you log into facebook is it through the Android Facebook App, or is it through the web browser? I can't get this feature to work on my phone with either the native app nor the web browser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you log into facebook is it through the Android Facebook App, or is it through the web browser? I can't get this feature to work on my phone with either the native app nor the web browser.
Nope, it's through the mini connected app itself. When I launch mini connected App on my phone, if you've just downloaded it, you should see for different options: Facebook, news, calendar or twitter. Tapping either facebook or twitter should open a new screen wherein you have to set up your Facebook account.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Click Away!

The idea that someone is farting around with Facebook inside a car-- a freaking car-- terrifies me. But I'm funny that way.
I'm with you uke. These maroons will click away at anything - wherever they are.
I pity their thumbs when they get a bit older.:(

Reactions: uke

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning citnmars, where in Canada you from I'm in Toronto and looking to get a mini this spring and was wondering which dealer you purchasec from if from my area thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts