Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just got my new Mini Cooper today and I've a few questions before I pester the dealer.

I've got the pepper pack, panoramic roof, pdc and rear camera and have noticed a few 'omissions'?

No driver side sun visor
No net in the boot (trunk), although I have the variable floor
No switch in the pdc/camera position, although they do work when reverse is selected

Should I have these things as standard (as I thought I did) or are they now extras?

Cheers.

P.S. The 1.5 engine is brilliant :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
The first two things you mentioned are part of a package or come as part of an option.
Sun visor is with premium I think.
Cargo net is with the storage package.
To get the switch you need to get the pdc with the rear view option. We have just the pdc and have the camera that comes on when you put it in reverse but that's it.
Annette

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Annette,
I do have the storage pack so should have the cargo net, I'm the same as you with pdc and camera so I suppose the switch is unnecessary.

BTW do you have interior grab handles for the passengers as mine doesn't have anything!

Jim

·
Registered
213 Posts
My car is fully loaded (UK) and it didnt come with the drivers sunvisor, I was told when I enquired that it wasnt meant to be part of my car, not sure if its something to do with having sunroof in the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my mini just over 2 weeks ago and was told that the drivers sun shade and cargo netting in the trunk were removed from the storage option from April build onwards for Australia. Mine was ordered in March but build was mid April. Older cars in the showroom, had both these options.

I was also told that the drivers sun shade was not able to be fitted afterwards.

The bit that still hurts is that the secret storage in the dash was not part of the storage pack as two different mini dealerships told me before purchase.

But cannot fault my dealership they have been great, dash storage issue aside.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am basing my previous answer on a US build so take that into account :D.
If you have storage then I'd call the dealer and tell them the net is missing.
Not sure about the interior grab handles, will have to check.

Annette

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I contacted my dealer and she said the cargo net and driver side window visor are no longer part of the storage pack, so I missed out there!

Passenger grab handle should be there and they will order a new one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Before I placed my order (June 1st) I mentioned to the saleswoman that the new vehicles were not coming with the side sunvisor, she checked with the manager who said if it didn't arrive with one, they would fit one for free.
It didn't come with one, so they fitted one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts