Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just picked up my new mini electric and just wondered if the rear badge showing level was supposed to be set at an angle? Doesn't look right but dealer said it came from factory like this.
Anyone else have the level number angled?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
572 Posts
That’s not right, it should be horizontal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine wasn't as bad as that , still a little off centre ,but i ended up taking both off .was never really keen on the big yellow badge and looks so much better with them both off

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s not right, it should be horizontal.
Thankyou, I thought the same and wanted to check before challenging the dealer. Sounds like they are trying to fob me off.
Didn't want to remove it myself in case it damaged the paint work.

·
Registered
2020 Cooper SE (Level 2)
62 Posts
Shoddy workmanship and quality control at the factory plus poor customer service by the dealer who should have offered to correct it for you.

Alan

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shoddy workmanship and quality control at the factory plus poor customer service by the dealer who should have offered to correct it for you.

Alan
I'm in discussion about it with dealer but I was told it's supposed to be like that.
They also put number plates on with huge bubbles around the screw holes which looks awful. Also a small scratch on the center display surround that I'm not accepting but dealer seems reluctant about.
I've only just bought this brand new and the experience from mini and dealer is below what I'm used to from my Audi A8 as the service experience was far more customer friendly.
Just hoping I haven't made a mistake.

·
Registered
2020 Cooper SE (Level 2)
62 Posts
Such a shame that awful customer service is spoiling your experience of what I think is a really great car. The dealer knows full well that the badge is crooked. Don't think BMW's CEO would be impressed.

Alan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, just picked up my new mini electric and just wondered if the rear badge showing level was supposed to be set at an angle? Doesn't look right but dealer said it came from factory like this.
Anyone else have the level number angled?

Just looked at my badge on back of my mini and it is lined up perfectly

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just looked at my badge on back of my mini and it is lined up perfectly
Thankyou, if you could add a photo I can show the dealer they are wrong.

Also if anyone has the new face lift model is the piano black surround that goes around the centre display supposed to wobble about as mine moves if you wiggle it about. Are the rubber mounted maybe?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Such a shame that awful customer service is spoiling your experience of what I think is a really great car. The dealer knows full well that the badge is crooked. Don't think BMW's CEO would be impressed.

Alan
I agree, I was looking forward to getting a new toy and I think the mini electric is a great little car but the customer service side is definitely a big let down and sadly spoiling my excitement at present.

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Depends entirely on the dealer In afraid. Top class service at Sopers Lincoln.

Reactions: ventmore

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
I agree one reason why we go back to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Also if anyone has the new face lift model is the piano black surround that goes around the centre display supposed to wobble about as mine moves if you wiggle it about. Are the rubber mounted maybe?

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thankyou ClareF , this way I can show dealer if they say mine is correct.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts