Mini Cooper Forum banner

Question regarding rear badge.

8K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  oldgrowler 
#1 ·
Hi, just picked up my new mini electric and just wondered if the rear badge showing level was supposed to be set at an angle? Doesn't look right but dealer said it came from factory like this.
Anyone else have the level number angled?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm in discussion about it with dealer but I was told it's supposed to be like that.
They also put number plates on with huge bubbles around the screw holes which looks awful. Also a small scratch on the center display surround that I'm not accepting but dealer seems reluctant about.
I've only just bought this brand new and the experience from mini and dealer is below what I'm used to from my Audi A8 as the service experience was far more customer friendly.
Just hoping I haven't made a mistake.

#12 ·
Thankyou, if you could add a photo I can show the dealer they are wrong.

Also if anyone has the new face lift model is the piano black surround that goes around the centre display supposed to wobble about as mine moves if you wiggle it about. Are the rubber mounted maybe?

#27 ·
I'm going to get the dealer to do it just in case any paint work issues plus I've noticed the rear number plate is also on the same level of angle so I'm guessing they might need to do some eyesight tests on their staff.
I would usually do this myself but the fact it's brand new and the way they originally said it's supposed to be that way along with the centre display surround wobbling I'm reluctant to touch anything.

#30 ·
there was a similar discussion about the rear john cooper works badge:

we all noticed that our badge was at an angle too and not level to the ground. but it was like that on many/all of ours and we figured it was that they were following the curved bottom angle of the tailgate which curves at an angle. possibly they were also following that curve for the e badge?

#33 ·
I've no complaints about the build quality, In fact I think it is really good and well put together.
I've been in quite a few different small cars and none come close to the Mini or give you the same buzz when you get in it in IMHO.
I agree in general as the most part seems good build quality but that's why it's surprised me that they let it down with such silly little inconsistencies that are minor but most visible. Just let's it down considering the rest is of good standards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.