Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im sorry in advance to the many people here that might think these few questions I am about to ask are dumb.

But here goes...
I'm wanna lower the car with NM rs alpha springs.
Would this accelerate any wear/tear to other components (besides harsh ride on my buttocks)?
I don't have tools/knowledge to do myself so how much should I spend to have installed?
Do you know if this will void my warranty or should I just call the dealer itself to ask?

That's all thanks in advance and again I'm sorry if these questions sound dumb to you guys. But I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Hey there are no dumb questions imho I too was new to the Mini World last year and I am still learning:) I have my lowering springs laying in the garage to be installed when I talked to my mechanic I ask pretty much the same question and his response was just don,t over do it and your car will be fine. I think you can do more damage with extreme tuning.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I have the NM springs installed on my car and love them. Not a harsh ride at all, just tighter and more controlled. I had the sport suspension to start with so it already had a firm ride. With the combination of NM rear sway bar and end links and the NM adjustable rear control arms it corners like a slot car now. I think you'll be happy with the springs. I didn't measure the drop, but it closed the wheel well gap nicely IMO. For springs install, I would consider $100 per corner a fair price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet pic Vetsvette. I really don't like how high the car sits stock. And good to know that I'm not crazy to think that the install itself will cost more than the actual springs. Thanks :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello, im sorry in advance to the many people here that might think these few questions I am about to ask are dumb.

But here goes...
I'm wanna lower the car with NM rs alpha springs.
Would this accelerate any wear/tear to other components (besides harsh ride on my buttocks)?
I don't have tools/knowledge to do myself so how much should I spend to have installed?
Do you know if this will void my warranty or should I just call the dealer itself to ask?

That's all thanks in advance and again I'm sorry if these questions sound dumb to you guys. But I really appreciate the help.

Hi

I can't comment on your specific springs however I used Eibach pros for again a modest drop as UK roads are pretty bad.

After it was lowered i had the alignment redone and camber slightly adjusted as the process does knock this out. (I'll post a pic after)

To have the springs installed and 4wheel alignment it cost me £160 (not sure on other currencies)

I'm assuming is my suspension now fails, bmw will not repair it due to my mod however I could be wrong. I just know dealers will get out of paying if they can (usually)

Hope this helps and good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
~100 a corner inc alignment is a fair price. Mini will not cover the springs themselves as they are not an actual mini part, and depending on the dealership by dealership basis, they may not cover the struts, but they will not void your overall warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.