Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I think the main advantage of the storage package option is you get, well you did in 2015 anyway, the 12 Volt socket in the rear! This feature was standard on the R series and I didn't think about having to order it with the F until it was too late! Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
768 Posts
The net is not included with the car but purchased separately. My 2015 MCS has the storage package that has a since discontinued and mostly useless net under the boot floor.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The only "net" now with the storage pack is the small one in the passengers footwell, the one in the boot is no longer part of the package, apparently.
The boot shelf is also no longer properly finished on the underside, on my previous Cooper it was covered with a carpet like material but now it is just left bare and unfinished looking.
I had some suitable carpet material left from my last vehicle restoration so used that to finish it properly.

Mini penny pinching!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Penny pinching is right, MINI light burnt out due to poor quality connectors, poor connection that then burns, same on BMW, Mecr's & others due to cost cutting and to make it worse MINI sell repair kits so know the issue..........

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've used a cargo net in a couple of cars - very convenient! I purchased one a number of years ago and I've moved it forward to three cars. I'm not yet a Mini owner... Are there rings in the corners to attach a net? Another thing - Typically, purchasing a net from a dealer's parts department is expensive. Are there any good aftermarket outlets or dealers who discount and sell via mail order?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.