Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When configuring my 2015 JCW I added rear fog lamps, but I didn't see anywhere in the std or options where I could add front running/fog lamps that attach to the grill (like prior gen Mini's).

Are the front fog lamps standard and included in the front bumper cover? I can obviously see lower lamps in the photos, but just wanted to be certain I'm not missing something.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
998 Posts
The front fogs are incorporated in with the side lights that are built into the lower bumper, as they have always been. The auxiliary driving lamps that csn be fitted to the grille are dealer fitted accesories so are not included on the factory build configurator. Your dealer will be able to quote on these

·
Registered
505 Posts
The front fogs are incorporated in with the side lights that are built into the lower bumper, as they have always been. The auxiliary driving lamps that csn be fitted to the grille are dealer fitted accesories so are not included on the factory build configurator. Your dealer will be able to quote on these
Just for reference, the US configurator does allow you to plug in the dealer accessories like additional fog lamps, side scuttles, graphics, etc. so you can specify those in advance and get a general idea of the price (though there's a warning that it doesn't include the dealer installation price). But yeah, the regular fogs are just there. If you specify LED headlights on the US config, it automatically updates the fogs to LED at no extra charge. Rears are an additional option for 100 smackers.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for those clarifications. Makes sense to me now!

John

·
Registered
78 Posts
When configuring my 2015 JCW I added rear fog lamps, but I didn't see anywhere in the std or options where I could add front running/fog lamps that attach to the grill (like prior gen Mini's).

Are the front fog lamps standard and included in the front bumper cover? I can obviously see lower lamps in the photos, but just wanted to be certain I'm not missing something.

Thanks,

John
There are no front fogs in the bumper of the JCW model. They have been replaced with vents for the front brakes.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh...thanks! That makes total sense. Brings back memories of the BMW E30 M3.....the EVO didn't have fog lamps for the same reason...gotta cool those brakes!

Looks like I'll be wanting Dealer installed lights on the grill then for sure. I could probably live without them for awhile. I'm just not sure what they will look like on the new JCW. My closest dealer doesn't have a JCW in stock, so maybe I'll have to wait to see one up close. The photos I've seen appear to have brake cooling ducts slightly set "inward" with running (or fog) lights outward on the lower edges of the bumper cover?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good catch - I completely missed the JCW part. The add-on fog lamps for the grill are still in there, though, under the dealer installed options. I got that piece right at least.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh...thanks! That makes total sense. Brings back memories of the BMW E30 M3.....the EVO didn't have fog lamps for the same reason...gotta cool those brakes!

Looks like I'll be wanting Dealer installed lights on the grill then for sure. I could probably live without them for awhile. I'm just not sure what they will look like on the new JCW. My closest dealer doesn't have a JCW in stock, so maybe I'll have to wait to see one up close. The photos I've seen appear to have brake cooling ducts slightly set "inward" with running (or fog) lights outward on the lower edges of the bumper cover?
I'm guessing the aux/parking lights are the LED DRL rings around the headlights at a lower intensity since there are no aux/parking lights in the lower bumper.

·
Registered
508 Posts
A LED-equipped F56 was following me recently with its headlights on and it had both dimmed LED horsehoes and bumper sidelights on at the same time, so I presume all LED-equipped cars come that way, so the JCW could drop the bumper sidelights with no effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.