Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a dealer friend..........

MINI COUNTRYMAN (R60) & MINI PACEMAN (R61) – END OF PRODUCTION

Please be advised that production of the MINI COUNTRYMAN (R60) and the MINI PACEMAN (R61) will cease at the end of September 2016 (production week 40)

Launched in September 2010, the MINI COUNTRYMAN was the first 4-Door MINI to be released after the launch of the new MINI in 2001, and has proven to be a worldwide success.
In March 2013 the 250,000th MINI COUNTRYMAN rolled off Magna Steyrs’ assembly line in Graz, Austria, with over 74,000 vehicles registered in the UK.

Two years after the MINI COUNTRYMAN, the MINI PACEMAN was unveiled in late 2012. Since its launch over 10,000 vehicles have been registered in the UK.

Details of a highly anticipated successor model for the MINI COUNTRYMAN will be announced at a future date. There will be no successor model for the MINI PACEMAN.
No further information is available at this time.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Only 10 000 Paceman is a pity. A far nicer car than the Countryman.
Agreed- the looks were far superior, however the ride was god-awful and the doors sooo massively wide and impractical. I only kept mine for 3 months sadly - the negatives outweighed the positives for me

Oh no boys, IMHO Paceman is fugly ;) and lack of sales would suggest a few people agree.

When I was waiting for my car to be delivered, I sold my golf so the dealer very kindly lent me a Paceman cooperS then a Countryman cooperD auto. Of the 2 I much preferred the Countryman, made more sense to me for a bigger car to have more doors. :) so much so in fact that I would consider one for my next car.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait for the new model of the Coutryman, it will be much better than the current car.
To me the Countryman is practical, if you'd been looking to buy a Paceman then a hatch would have done the same job more or less..

I'm also waiting for the new version, we've had ours for just on 3 years, also having a F56 it does make the Countryman feel old fashion!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good chance our next family car will be the Countryman, to replace the Fiat 500X in 2.5 years time. Would have looked at it this time but end of model and F56 soooo much better - we needed the car early 2016 not early 2017 sadly! 500X £100/month cheaper and a 25% discount on list also had an influence on the decision.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.