Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After reading through a shitload of different forums and topics, since RaceChip offers a 30 day trial period, I have decided to give it a try on my own cost instead of looking for unclear butt dynos.
I've ordered the RaceChip Ultimate version for F56 Cooper S. It should arrive tomorrow, I'm going to build it in next Tuesday drive it until Thursday on the highest settings that RaceChip advises (2/1) so it is going to adapt.
On Thursday 16:30 I have an appointment to do the dyno run once again. I'll post that dyno result also. No more BS!
Some additional info:
2016.11. production, completely stock car, RaceChip Ultimate is going to be the only mod. I'm using only 100+ fuel since 0 km (Shell V-Power Nitro+ 100+ or OMV MaxxMotion 100plus) 12.000km in the odo.

I have attached the stock dyno results from today.

Comments are welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Will be interesting to see the before/after results done on same dyno which gives a true reflection of the gains

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will be interesting to see the before/after results done on same dyno which gives a true reflection of the gains
I have received the module yesterday, I'll set it up next Tuesday according to the plan, as on Monday I have a scheduled software update @ dealer. I have received the module with stock settings F-1. I'm going to use the highest advised settings from RaceChip which is Tuning 3 in the manual (2-1) in my case. I'll drive ~ 200-250kms to let it adapt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to butt dyno it's slightly better than the stock JCW. Wheelspin at first 2 gears sometimes it blinks in 3rd with stock tires dry road. 100-200 is ~17s, it definetly pulls better at low-mid range rpms. I'll do the real dyno on Thursday as promised. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys, what should I say .. I'm 100% satisfied ..

Bone stock:
201,4 BHP
312,5 NM

RaceChip Ultimate - Setting 2/1 (Original was F/1, I did switch it immediately to 2/1 did not drive one meter with stock tuning of the box. 2/1 is the maximum advised setting in the manual and the support told me the same, that I should be safe on 2/1 for daily use)
245,9 BHP
392,3 NM

Dyno image attached .. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm a litthe bit surprised, when I go on the french Racechip website, the F56 is not mentioned !
Only the F54 !
But with the same engine ( 2.0L/192 HP ).
Is it exactly the same engine on both cars and does it mean that if it is OK with the F54, it's also OK for the F56 ??

Another question, how is it plugged, into the car.............the same way that the NM/Dinan module ??
;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm a litthe bit surprised, when I go on the french Racechip website, the F56 is not mentioned !
Only the F54 !
Is it exactly the same engine on both cars and does it mean that if it is OK with the F54, it's also OK for the F56 ??

Another question, how is it plugged, into the car.............the same way that the NM/Dinan module ??
;)

It is on there in the middle of the list not at the top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how does it drive now?
it pulls like a demon, did not affect driveability, however, I feel like I can sense the RaceChip unit trying to recognize when to send higher boost cause sometimes I feel like theres a couple of milisecond delay before the extra boost arrives when not doing constant agressive driving. I'm completely ok with this anyway
stock tire width is 205, it's michelin primacy 3, useless crap, trying to wear them asap and replace with 215 wide michelin pilot super sports.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only the F54 !

;)
it's 3 plug, and I did mount the box on the top of the battery housing (outside on the black plastic cover)

·
Registered
436 Posts
i have fitted a Racechip too!

it hasnt been adjusted, straight out the box and onto the car.

havent given it a real thrash yet but like you said it just pulls all the way through the range!

·
Registered
436 Posts
so its been on for a few months and its amazing difference tbh

im just looking at adding a bit more power once i fiddled with the box a little.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 F56 Cooper S and fancy a tuning box, have looked at the race chip or DTUK options, possibly with the throttle pedal box.
A few questions from you guys that have had experience of these are:-

I am looking for a bit more oomph but not at the expense of a smooth drive, is the power delivery patchy ?

How does it interact with the minis eco/mid/sport modes ?

Is the pedal box a worth while addition ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2014 F56 Cooper S and fancy a tuning box, have looked at the race chip or DTUK options, possibly with the throttle pedal box.
A few questions from you guys that have had experience of these are:-

I am looking for a bit more oomph but not at the expense of a smooth drive, is the power delivery patchy ?

How does it interact with the minis eco/mid/sport modes ?

Is the pedal box a worth while addition ?

Thanks in advance
Another brand to consider is bluespark automotive. I had their box on my F56 Cooper and it was great and considerably cheaper than the competition. I currently have an Audi TT and had the box reprogrammed for my next car which is also a F56 Cooper S. I did have a pedal box on a Seat Leon FR as well as the tuning box. It did make it more responsive but felt that it was a bit too much and effected drive ability. Also had a tdi tuning box on a Fiesta which was pretty good too. Tried getting that reprogrammed for the the F56 Cooper but had no end of problems. Sold it in the end to a Fiesta owner. Hope this helps

·
Registered
677 Posts
Another brand to consider is bluespark automotive. I had their box on my F56 Cooper and it was great and considerably cheaper than the competition. I currently have an Audi TT and had the box reprogrammed for my next car which is also a F56 Cooper S. I did have a pedal box on a Seat Leon FR as well as the tuning box. It did make it more responsive but felt that it was a bit too much and effected drive ability. Also had a tdi tuning box on a Fiesta which was pretty good too. Tried getting that reprogrammed for the the F56 Cooper but had no end of problems. Sold it in the end to a Fiesta owner. Hope this helps
+1

I've a Bluespark Automotive box on my car and its made an amazing difference. Mines just the single point version but i'm very impressed with it. I've used their boxes on maybe half a dozen cars now and they've been great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That’s great feedback thank you. Will look at the blue spark option too.
Now also considering the TMC Motorsport tuning and pedal box with phone contol, seem to have a lot of positive reviews for them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That’s great feedback thank you. Will look at the blue spark option too.
Now also considering the TMC Motorsport tuning and pedal box with phone contol, seem to have a lot of positive reviews for them.
Been running a TMC Motorsport tuning box for over two years (18000 miles)and never had any problems.Very happy with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all

I'm an 017 Cooper JCW owner. Fitted RaceChip Black back in November 2017. Results are great. No side effects whatsoever though I was a bit skeptical of hot climate (my country is OMAN - temp. can reach 50 degrees)..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts