Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I find this feature annoying as well. If you don't want to get into re-coding your car, the alternative is to press the power switch twice when you are turning the engine off (first time to switch engine off, second time to switch radio off). I do that when I exit the car now
I do the same thing...just remember to have your foot off the brake (for auto) or the clutch (for manual)!...or you'll restart the engine! LOL! Ask me how I know?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh yeah, we've both done that a few times.

One of the best features of my Audi is that it has a safety feature that shuts off the engine and the "ignition" if you open the door past a point once the car is stationary. Brilliant for men who don't need to faff for bloody hours with hair, make up, handbag, etc etc etc before getting out. Just stop, get out, done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just noticed this also and it's a bit of a pain as I don't generally lock my car at home as its secure (and Guernsey is a bit of a crime free area). Need to remember to press the magic red switch twice!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just noticed this also and it's a bit of a pain as I don't generally lock my car at home as its secure (and Guernsey is a bit of a crime free area). Need to remember to press the magic red switch twice!
Dont worry too much Matt, it does switch itself off after a few minutes (5 I think). Hurbert lives in a locked garage so he's rarely locked, so you're not going to flatten your battery.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Good news :)

Do you happen to know if she locks herself if left unlocked and out of range of key?
Nah, fraid not. Elf and Safety see. The only time it'll lock itself is when a) you drive away and you have that feature switched on or b) you unlock the car and don't open any door, it'll assume you've sat on your key and lock itself up again as it "knows" there's not someone trapped inside.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I find this a little annoying too feel like i've forgot something, then again I keep reaching down the side of the steering wheel to unplug my fob and try opening the windows on the center console LOL. I guess i'll get used to all this though, too used to driving an R56 for the last four years!.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.