Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't seem or can't get the Radio Station Artwork to show on my screen. I have an Android phone and was wondering does it only work with Apple Carplay. I've tried both FM and DAB

·
Registered
2021 F56 Cooper SE Level 2
155 Posts
The radio station artwork is independent of the phone - it comes through the radio transmission not from your phone connection. I also don't get any artwork or even track information in DAB for some stations that I know broadcast it because my wife's car shows the info; this was the same on my old Cooper S and my current Cooper SE. The MINI's radio system is pretty poor in software terms.

·
Super Moderator
8,221 Posts
My daughters Apple phone gives album art on ours when she listens to her music-our Android phones don't

·
Registered
2021 F56 Cooper SE Level 2
155 Posts
I thought only HD radio stations could show artwork.
We don't get HD radio over here - our digital radio is delivered through DAB (which is different to HD). Nonetheless, DAB radio can broadcast artwork and playing information, but the MINI seems to ignore it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
it's well known fact that BMW and Android are not good fellas.

But thanks to community, what a billion dollar company cant do, individual developers can ! (IDK about DAB, but this app will provide covers with music streaming apps like spotify etc and much more)

·
Super Moderator
8,221 Posts
I assumed the question was about radio (DAB and FM) rather than music sourced from a phone.
Me too sorry-just thought it would add to the picture (no pun intended!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts