Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it's possible to, when listening to the radio or songs from a USB drive, have the navigation voice (from my phone) cut in when there is a turn instruction? So far the only way I can get navigation to come through the stereo is if I listened to music from my phone (via bluetooth or USB), but it doesn't seem to allow multiple sound sources?

I have Visual Boost so no built-in navigation, couldn't quite convince myself the cost of it :(

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What kind of phone are you using and what app for navigation?

·
Registered
53 Posts
There's a setting on google maps called "play as Bluetooth phone call". That makes the turn-by-turn directions use the Bluetooth telephone protocol.

If your phone is connected by Bluetooth, with this enabled the music should mute while the directions come in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The play as Bluetooth phone call option seems to be an iOS only option... :( Hopefully this doesn't mean I need to get an iPhone over Android! (tempted given that MINI Connected is so much more useful with my wife's iPhone compared to my phone however)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
There's a setting on google maps called "play as Bluetooth phone call". That makes the turn-by-turn directions use the Bluetooth telephone protocol.

If your phone is connected by Bluetooth, with this enabled the music should mute while the directions come in.
The play as Bluetooth phone call option seems to be an iOS only option... :( Hopefully this doesn't mean I need to get an iPhone over Android! (tempted given that MINI Connected is so much more useful with my wife's iPhone compared to my phone however)
It is indeed present on Android as well. Go into settings in the Maps app, then go into Navigation Settings. The option to play as a bluetooth phone call is there. As Chzplz explained, with this option on, the Google Maps app will interrupt whatever is going on to give directions and does this by essentially by making the car call itself.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hmm..maybe I'm confusing the "Play voice over Bluetooth" with the "play as BT phone call"

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use Waze, which is free and other users add info about traffic and that plays via bluetooth

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have tried Waze and HERE WeGo, neither work. Have tried two Android phones, no luck. Last thing is to try the wife's iPhone, I'm procrastinating about doing that because if it works, she will try to claim the car as hers and I'll be left with our other car! :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.