Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you leave your car standing outside after recent rain, wear a raincoat when you open the door!!! The same applies when you get out of the car after rain. Serious design fault in my view.

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
Many modern cars do it since the need for better aerodynamics. The 5 door might be better though due to it having frames , anyone know? and my f56 is better than my r56 as I wanted a roof rack and the roof bars deflect some!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I can't say because my car has never been in the rain yet! :) But, there's definitely a drip rail along the roof on each side, although it isn't very deep. So, maybe certain conditions just cause water to drip when the door is opened.

There's likely a difference in water runoff between sunroof and non-sunroof cars too! I'd think the s/r cars would intercept significant amounts of rain and drain through the s/r drain tubes.

Other possible cause may be the drip rail above the door is "flat"...no slope, depending on how the car is parked, making the water stand in the drip rail, so when the door is opened it falls out onto the driver.

That's my engineering analysis, not really knowing anything for certain. :)

If all else fails, carry a small squeegee with you at all times!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
A DeWalt will solve the water dripping problems plug it in and watch the water go away never mind that you might look a bit silly vac the roof of your car in the parking lot.:D

Runs off of 12-volt and 18-volt DEWALT battery packs (not included) or 120-volt ac
Gore wet/dry filter traps 99.7% of drywall dust
Wet/dry filter eliminates change overs
Washable filter; tap or water rinse to clean
Heavy-duty rubber hose provides durability and flexibility; drain port on tank for easy emptying of liquids

·
Registered
254 Posts
The five door has fun with water too.

I've cracked the windows after it's been raining (but still is warm weather), for some ventilation, turned a corner and in pours a waterfall off the roof straight through all the door electronics. I don't know why it hasn't happened in any other cars but this is the first time in my life I've had to happen...

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's a feature that has come with all our MINIs

Reactions: Jelster

·
Registered
77 Posts
A DeWalt will solve the water dripping problems plug it in and watch the water go away never mind that you might look a bit silly vac the roof of your car in the parking lot.:D

Runs off of 12-volt and 18-volt DEWALT battery packs (not included) or 120-volt ac
Gore wet/dry filter traps 99.7% of drywall dust
Wet/dry filter eliminates change overs
Washable filter; tap or water rinse to clean
Heavy-duty rubber hose provides durability and flexibility; drain port on tank for easy emptying of liquids

You forgot to mention it is also a nice match for Volcanic Orange :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was wondering if this was the moment for me earn some brownie points with Karcher for suggesting their window vac instead:

And you could buy the extension stick so that you could put matching paintwork scratches in the middle of the roof with no effort:

·
Registered
98 Posts
What am I missing guys, I live in rural Aberdeenshire, so I'm no stranger to rain, but I've never had a problem with this.
Ditto. Luckily never had a problem (rain or snow). Maybe a product of the angle the car is at when parked? I'm parked on a slight incline, so rain and everything tends to go towards the boot of the car rather than down the sides.

Have had a bit drip in if i open the windows after it rains.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts