Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had our first day of rain in I don't know how long!

And it was awesome. I was looking for reasons to go to the hardware store--and I did three times. Being a handyman while being recently unemployed sucks!

JP

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm in LA, stoked its raining. except that my car is waiting to be delivered and I don't want to drive my trade so I've been on the motorbike.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in LA, stoked its raining. except that my car is waiting to be delivered and I don't want to drive my trade so I've been on the motorbike.
Ouch! I have a Golden Rule to not ride my motorcycle when it's wet! I've got a Yamaha Virago 750. I almost killed myself once in the rain. I commuted for two years from Brea to El Segundo. For the most part, it was pretty fun.

Congratulations on your new car! I hope you get it soon.

JP

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
I agree quiller I try not to ride mine in the rain,the big one anyway, I ride the cg 125 in anything, broke down in snow once!.Can't believe you lot like rain. It never stops here, you can have some of ours!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Decided I'd take uber tomorrow to bring down my sketch factor. LA drivers are bad enough, include the rain, cell phones, and pumpkin spice lattes. Recipe for disaster.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good call, nicktsigos!

Need to keep yourself in one piece so you can enjoy your car when it gets here [waves at Jeremy]. ;-)

JP

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We enjoy our weather here Jeremy, that's for sure. But, it's been awfully dry. we REALLY need these couple days of rain. Nicktsigos is totally on it, though. Rain adds danger and time to even short commutes--and I'm talking about being in cars!

I plan to go out and drive around in the rain today (the upside of being unemployed and having an awesome car?). :-D

JP

·
Registered
245 Posts
That's the talk of a uk citizen Sting Ray, surely you see that mythical ball more often than we do?
Ok, you caught me exaggerating a bit. It actually only rained two times this year here. The first time we had rain from Jan 1 to July 15. The second time was from Sept 15 to now. Winter in Vancouver tends to inspire a pessimistic outlook but the Canadians in the rest of the country say we are just cry babies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts