Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. So from those links it looks like there is only one place to raise the front to get stands under the front mounting points.

Getting the rear stands on seems easy as the lifting the front jack points allows you to place stands under the rear jack stands.

So is the area marked '1' the only point where you can jack the front end up? I assume I would need to place a hockey puk here to not damage whatever this is, looks like its somewhere around the oil sump?

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Gday Alex, i can confirm that location 1 is the best and i think the only central jacking point at the front.
I raised this question ages ago with no response as there wasnt one until a member posted that picture above, i tried it and confirmed it worked really well.

I used a block of soft wood on top of my trolley jack to protect that component just in case. Car went up easy with no strange noises and no damage.
You can go further and make up a jig to fit that central location but what i used was fine.

Same goes for the rear jack point, share the load over the 2 bolts and your fine, dont just use the left or right bolts and definitely don't use the middle plate as it won't hold the weight on its own.

Apart from that you can raise the car completely off the ground and do a complete tire rotation and what ever else tickles your fancy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gday Alex, i can confirm that location 1 is the best and i think the only central jacking point at the front.
I raised this question ages ago with no response as there wasnt one until a member posted that picture above, i tried it and confirmed it worked really well.

I used a block of soft wood on top of my trolley jack to protect that component just in case. Car went up easy with no strange noises and no damage.
You can go further and make up a jig to fit that central location but what i used was fine.

Same goes for the rear jack point, share the load over the 2 bolts and your fine, dont just use the left or right bolts and definitely don't use the middle plate as it won't hold the weight on its own.

Apart from that you can raise the car completely off the ground and do a complete tire rotation and what ever else tickles your fancy.
Cheers!

I plan on placing the rear jack points on stands by jacking the front jack points, I've read that raising the front jack point raises the whole side of the car.

I'll use a piece of wood for that front jack point to then get the front jack stands in.

Any suggestions on what size of wood to use for the front jack point?

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I actually found using the central rear jack point easier than doing the side jack, one less step however if doing the side, just use a piece of wood enough to cover the top of the jack so it doesnt come in contact with the car but not too big otherwise it might make the process a little unsteady. Soft wood is ideal so it will colapse slightly on the jack point for more equal pressure distribution.

You can buy specific jack 'things' that fit onto the jack and into the jack points but for me that is money to be spent on other things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.