Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I practically ripped out the boot of my car trying to find what it was. Even thought it was the seat fixings, seat belts etc, exhaust fittings, you name it. Can't recall how many times i had my car on axle stands.

I don't have sports suspension.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you have done that, then it is probably the same problem. Go to a dealer and let the shocks or the sound check out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am still babying my F55 since it is less than a month old but I have already "noticed" some clunk, clunk sounds coming from the rear when I took off from traffic lights and turned left in the 2nd gear. Might be the removable floor (storage package thing) but I am all ear now:(
I have just bought a 2016 JCW with 42k on the clock. Every now and then I would get a "knock-knock" sound like someone was outside knocking on the roof - mainly when accelerating or braking. Drove me nuts. It was when I got a "knock-knock-knock" I started to worry.
So I decided to pull everything apart around where the noise was.
Found it was the right rear upright part of the seat not latching into the latch and had about 5mm of play.So acceleration, braking and bumps gave me this knock sound.
Temporary fix I placed a piece of rubber foam between the rear of the seat and the stop in the boot. Takes out the play and no knock. Not sure what the problem is but may be a loose pivot joint. Have to get it checked

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I have a sound coming from rear left that sounds like a screw rolling around on its side every time I brake or accelerate hard. Sound lasts for about 4 seconds and goes up and down in pitch as if it’s going back and forth. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 24 of 24 Posts