Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fixed two and so far the car is now quiet from any annoying rattly buzzy noises. I have had a buzzy sound from the rear of the car for some time but it had got increasingly louder. Found it was the parcel shelf buzzing in the slots. Removed it and replaced it with some blue tack in the slots, now fixed. Plasticky sounding rattle which i thought was at the rear, discovered it was the buckle of the passenger seatbelt rattling against the door pillar. Currently i just fasten the seatbelt into the slot which as cured this for now.

Any one else with rattle fixes??

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Any one else with rattle fixes??
earplugs??? >:D

The MINI has many rattles unfortunately, which saddens me for a high end German product.
I have something rattling inside my driver door panel - like a cable hitting something (more of a vibration than a rattle) but my dealer was in there trying to clean up my window smears. I think a panel clip may be loose.

An annoying rattle from the passenger side - turned out to be the roof grab handle needed tightening. The plastic trims on the door pillar (where the seatbelts are located) are also loose and prone to rattle - a bit of scrunched up paper fixed that.

After my suspension knock, I'm aware of every single noise (although the actual suspension has been fixed)...

·
Registered
441 Posts
earplugs??? >:D

The MINI has many rattles unfortunately, which saddens me for a high end German product.
I have something rattling inside my driver door panel - like a cable hitting something (more of a vibration than a rattle) but my dealer was in there trying to clean up my window smears. I think a panel clip may be loose.

An annoying rattle from the passenger side - turned out to be the roof grab handle needed tightening. The plastic trims on the door pillar (where the seatbelts are located) are also loose and prone to rattle - a bit of scrunched up paper fixed that.

After my suspension knock, I'm aware of every single noise (although the actual suspension has been fixed)...
how did you get them off to wedge the scrunched up paper behind?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
how did you get them off to wedge the scrunched up paper behind?
You don't really need to, there is a decent gap (I made sure I found a nice bit of black paper #OCD )

If you tap that panel near the top if does make a bit of racket.....

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am going to try that black scrunched paper trick. I have that annoying ruzzle (combined buzz and rattle) from the driver side seatbelt mount. I only tend to hear it when I am not driving, though: which is more me than the car.

With the rattles/door rubs/suspension issues/thin paint/poor finish etc etc I think it is fair to say that the longer established forumites here seem a little less happy with the car than at the beginning...apart from Jeremy, that is! :)

I guess that is always the risk with early adopters.
I find I only pop in to see what else has gone wrong recently, that I then need to look out for in my own car, which is a bit disappointing...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just fixed my 3rd rattle. Now this one has plagued me for a few weeks now. It was a grindy buzzy sound heard from the rear seats mainly when at lower revs. I discovered the sound was coming from the latch where the rear seats click into. Not sure if it was from both rear seat latches, but cured it using the ubiquitous blue tack. Wrapped some around both the metal latches that the rear seats click into and voila, no rattle. Blue tack also inserted into the slots where the parcel shelf clicks into. The car is now rattle free, well for now anyway :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,

My driver side seatbelt mount pillar has an annoying rattle that I would like to fix. I see that you guys fixed it by using paper, but how did you do this specifically?

Did you remove the pillar and stuff the paper behind? Or did you just some wedge some in paper in the side underneath the rubber door seal?

Thanks,
Harvey

·
Registered
97 Posts
I haven't noticed any rattles. I did notice a slight buzz while stopped at a red light once, but have not noticed it as of late.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The one that's bugging me is the loud (to me) *squeak* whenever I engage the clutch. This happened to my better half's 2015 MC, and we thought it was the clutch pedal/assembly. Had her car in several times until they figured it out: it's the driver's seat that makes the squeaking noise every.single.time. the clutch pedal is pressed.

I'm not sure what the dealership did to fix it, but her seat hasn't squeaked even once since they "fixed" it, about 4-5 months now.

My 2016 MC is exhibiting this now too. Every time I press the clutch, *squeak*. Driving around Chicago with all the horrible traffic, you can imagine how annoying that is (even with music/podcasts playing…I can still hear it). I sat oddly in the seat a few times in an empty parking lot to test, to see if it really was the seat or the clutch pedal; it's definitely the driver's seat.

Suppose I could try to fix the driver's seat myself, but…I have no clue where to start.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have both the drivers seatbelt pillar rattle and another one the sound like it's coming from inside the screen gloss black surround trim, very frustrating!

I may try and tackle them myself soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts