Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Been reading this forum, gone to the dealership twice and have decided it's time I get a Mini. Over a decade ago I used to own a 1976 Leyland Mini.

Anyways, before I place my order I wanted to check if I should consider other options or consider removing anything. Basically I don't have too much in terms of a budget.

• Pepper Pack
  • Half leather / Half Cloth sports seat
  • LED headlights
  • Black stripes

Perhaps I don't "need" the LED headlights but not having an opportunity to test it in the dark I don't know, feels like its the future.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello Comet. welcome! Not sure I have been here long enough to be allowed to welcome folks, but hopefully no rules are being broken...
It's so difficult to make the right choices, with all the options, and if budget is a main concern, then harder still...Mini are not known for their bargain prices, and even getting a small discount is a mission.
I don't know exactly what is in Pepper, but Chilli already has the half and half seats, and a load of other things besides. The packs are good value over individual items, I think. Maybe do a direct comparison?
If I were to choose between the extra cost of leather seats vs LEDs I would go LEDs. They really set the car off, and make it look different. The horseshoe daytime running LEDs look terrific.
As for stripes, it depends what colour you go for...I went Blazing Red, and it looks naked without the stripes, as does the VO ( just my opinion). It's less of an issue with the various blacks and greys...
If you live in sunny Oz I would seriously consider the panoramic sunroof...it really gives you a sense of extra space, and out there you're more likely to get more use from it than I will in London...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks QMark. Unfortunately Australia doesn't have the Chilli pack

I thought about the sunroof but the sun during summer is quite strong and I often find myself wanting to have the shade :)

I'll see what I can do with the prices

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Comet. The Chili pack is standard on Cooper S
I would go for the LEDs

Nice spec, by the way. I'm waiting for mine to pick up Sep 29 :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
When I was considering the "borderline" options I thought... "If this is a cosmetic option, what else could I have for around the same price?", followed by "how often will I use this?".

Thoughts that made me choose options were "This can't be fitted later... it's factory or nothing" and "Will I regret not having it?" and "I'm going to own this car for years, so the cost spread over that time isn't much at all really..."

·
Registered
177 Posts
I used much the same rationale...until I realised that I could have had a brand new mid range VW Up, or basic VW Polo, for the same price as just the extras on my Mini...fortunately after I had paid for it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the end I was offered to take the following configurations
- Cooper VO with black roof and black cap
- Pepper pack w/ silver 16"
- HUD
- Piano finish
- Half cloth sports seat
- Driving mode
- LED headlights

Other than the HUD and Piano finish I'm happy. Would have preferred the black wheels and stripes but am not fussed. Now can't wait for it to arrive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.