Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Rear Camera also requires Rear Parking Sensors to be equipped (on UK configurator)

If you're not talking about this then obviously it depends how much you think you need front parking sensors. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
IMHO the rear camera / front sensors are not needed

I was always adamant that i didn't need rear parking sensors and sat nag..erm i mean sat nav but I've conceded and order both on the F55 as they are both handy in their own way.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I thought the camera would be useful, but it requires the rear PDC. Result is that the cost to get the camera is $1,000 (Camera - $500, PDC - $500). Both for $500 would be OK ... not at $1,000. Wonder how Mini will deal with the mandatory cameras in 2017.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up my f57 jcw last week with both rear camera and sensors complete with rear view mirror and my wife managed to back into gates on the drive she thought the alarm was due to the fact that she didn't have her seat belt on os its all down to the fact will you use them once you have them

·
Registered
532 Posts
-IMHO-
F56 = only rear PDC (not necessary...)
F54 = rear camera and total PDC (absoluty necessary)
F55 = rear camera + rear PDC (highly recommended)
Front PDC (absoluty not necessary...)

·
Super Moderator
7,894 Posts
Rear sensors not camera on our f54,gives a cute graphic on the screen and it gets redder as you get closer to go with the beeps. To be honest never had a car with either before and never found the need. However i quite like it! Given how good sensors and graphics are i wouldn't pay for a camera.

Daydotz sorry my interface went into your post. Apologies v odd!

Reactions: daydotz

·
Registered
532 Posts
In my previous car (SUV = Chevrolet Captiva in Europe)

I had both systems but they were certainly more useful than the PDC rear view camera which was nice to see but nothing exceptional.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I picked up my f57 jcw last week with both rear camera and sensors complete with rear view mirror and my wife managed to back into gates on the drive she thought the alarm was due to the fact that she didn't have her seat belt on os its all down to the fact will you use them once you have them
FUNNY - My wife would probably do this too! Recently, the car motion alarm went beeping on a car near where we were parked and she was adamantly sure that I had pushed the panic button on the remote fob for my car and it set off the other car's alarm! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts