Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, some idiot rear ended my F55 this evening. I was at traffic lights awaiting a green light in a light rain and it felt like I dropped the clutch to stall the engine when he hit my rear. It was dark and I did not see or feel any damage on the rear end (the bumper and trims). I was most concerned about the JCW exhaust as those pipes stick out but I do not see anything abnormal with it.

My question is what should I look at/ for tomorrow in a day light?

Unfortunate but things happen (this was my second incident in my life). What drives me crazy is those people who do not admit their faults/ errors and make their own calls to get out of situations.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Creases, cracks and anything that isnt what it was yesterdsy. Always best to take pictures immediately JIC but when it dark not much choice. Sorry about your luck.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I found when I got rear ended that although visually it looks ok the bumper tends to crack on the underside where the pressure has built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. I cleaned and inspected my rear bumper, and found a very very minor crease on the surface from the light impact and local deformation of the plastic. Approx 1" long. Very hard to even take a photo. No other damages were found. All the panels are well aligned and intact to my eyes.

I have been debating wether it is worth reporting the accident to my insurance company for such minor damage, which I would suck up and deal with without a repair, only to lower my resale value in the future due to the recorded accident. I know it might not be fair to a future buyer of my car, tho.

I do not like acidents.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks folks. I cleaned and inspected my rear bumper, and found a very very minor crease on the surface from the light impact and local deformation of the plastic. Approx 1" long. Very hard to even take a photo. No other damages were found. All the panels are well aligned and intact to my eyes.

I have been debating wether it is worth reporting the accident to my insurance company for such minor damage, which I would suck up and deal with without a repair, only to lower my resale value in the future due to the recorded accident. I know it might not be fair to a future buyer of my car, tho.

I do not like acidents.

Probably not worth it to be honest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
Hey, he run in to you... Report it, get it checked by Mini, and if needs be the 3rd party's insurance will pay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts