Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, some idiot rear ended my F55 this evening. I was at traffic lights awaiting a green light in a light rain and it felt like I dropped the clutch to stall the engine when he hit my rear. It was dark and I did not see or feel any damage on the rear end (the bumper and trims). I was most concerned about the JCW exhaust as those pipes stick out but I do not see anything abnormal with it.

My question is what should I look at/ for tomorrow in a day light?

Unfortunate but things happen (this was my second incident in my life). What drives me crazy is those people who do not admit their faults/ errors and make their own calls to get out of situations.

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. I cleaned and inspected my rear bumper, and found a very very minor crease on the surface from the light impact and local deformation of the plastic. Approx 1" long. Very hard to even take a photo. No other damages were found. All the panels are well aligned and intact to my eyes.

I have been debating wether it is worth reporting the accident to my insurance company for such minor damage, which I would suck up and deal with without a repair, only to lower my resale value in the future due to the recorded accident. I know it might not be fair to a future buyer of my car, tho.

I do not like acidents.

· Registered
181 Posts
Thanks folks. I cleaned and inspected my rear bumper, and found a very very minor crease on the surface from the light impact and local deformation of the plastic. Approx 1" long. Very hard to even take a photo. No other damages were found. All the panels are well aligned and intact to my eyes.

I have been debating wether it is worth reporting the accident to my insurance company for such minor damage, which I would suck up and deal with without a repair, only to lower my resale value in the future due to the recorded accident. I know it might not be fair to a future buyer of my car, tho.

I do not like acidents.

Probably not worth it to be honest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.