Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorted it, its actually a major pain. On the MCS, there is a heat shield attached to the rear bumper to protect it from the exhaust. You have to undo four screws (for the left side fog light) and physically push the heat shield forward and push your hand between the heat shield and the bumper. Properly screwed up my hand reaching behind the heat shield! All sorted at least. Would be much easier if you had a jack!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Did you just figure it out on your own or find any help in the owner's manual?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
02fanatic, the handbook had information but really underplayed the level of complexity! It makes out that the heat shield simply pops forward when in fact it is made of very stiff metal. As an aside, I've also noticed that the English used in the manual is very poor.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
02fanatic, the handbook had information but really underplayed the level of complexity! It makes out that the heat shield simply pops forward when in fact it is made of very stiff metal. As an aside, I've also noticed that the English used in the manual is very poor.

Figures. I've not been very impressed with the level of detail in the Owner's Manual to date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.