Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after hours of searching and trawling many sites I've still not found anything.

I'm looking for a rear mounted bike carrier than can carry 2 (or ideally 3) bikes. The Yakima ones look the most promising but I have the solid spoiler (as opposed to the JCW style) and think the Yakima might put too much weight on it.

Can't be a roof rack as my wife can't lift the bikes above her head and she does most of the cycling. Don't have the bike prep kit so the Mini one is out of the question.

Any advice?

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@winceyette noticed though that your spoiler has cut outs where the straps can feed through. Mines a solid (albeit rather flimsy) single piece. Looks good though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ah right, I see what you mean... I'm pretty sure it'd be ok tho still - this one still grips onto the top bit of spoiler that meets the roof.
Had it on my other halfs Audi A1 which had a spoiler similar to the coopers one without any probs.

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
WOW that is impressive; bet you can't get this in the uk! Good stuff-that's what the op needs-much better system-no risk of paint scratch etc you get with the boot mounted things! Fantastic!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Chzplz That looks superb. I'm in the UK though and there's no shipping to here for that product.

Love to find something like that in the UK...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.