Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, currently in the process of ordering an MCS and spec'ing options.

If you select the rear parking sensors, do you get a silver toggle switch at all or is this purely activated/de-activated by reverse gear?

Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
190 Posts
There's no toggle switch. As you say, the sensors simply come on when you engage reverse gear (as does the rear-view camera if you spec that).

·
Registered
177 Posts
The toggle comes with the front and rear parking sensors pack, which includes Parking Assistant. This enables you to turn Parking Assistant on and off. The sensors work whether PA is on or off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
A certain smart*** in my house told me I didn't need this option. I could just reach behind the car from the driver's seat and feel to see if anything was there. I wish now I'd gone for it. He certainly makes extensive use of his in the small planet he calls a pickup truck that he drives!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Waste of money.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I went with the rear sensors over the camera, after being told that Park Assist was no longer available (to my complete dismay.) I figured I've had sensors in the past and have yet to hit anything, despite them being a bit over sensitive at times. Cheaper option than the camera.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Very handy is that you can turn on parking camera anytime, I still have to find out whats the limit maximum speed for this.
In the US at least, it doesn't seem like it can be activated unless you are in reverse. Been a while since I've tested it though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.