Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 John Cooper Works
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wondered if anyone can confirm that the rear lights on an F56 JCW are all the same fitting? I have a 2017 JCW and someone I know is selling the Union Jackl Lights from their 2020 JCW. I got the part numbers (63217435133, 63217435134) and called the nearest Mini Dealership but they said when the look for the Union Jack lights for my VIN code they aren't the ones (Then they offered to sell them to me for a lot of money!!). Just wondering if these would fit mine (as I can get them cheap!)

Thanks,

Mark.

·
Registered
483 Posts
According to realoem.com one of those part numbers will fit the following models, if you have not already used the site the link is here

It wouldn't make sense for Mini to make lots of different sizes of fitting for the same thing as it would make things expensive and complicated on the production line. Unless the JCW body panels/cut outs are different.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes you do have LEDs. Worst case you have to do some coding which is simple, but only one way to find out! Just out of interest-did you buy your car just recently?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a feeling I was looking at the same one in autotrader! The plate rings a bell. Good spec on it right?

·
Registered
2017 John Cooper Works
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I am happy with it. It was a CAT N car so I was hesitant... but I am very happy so far. I have photo of it pre-repair. It was literally the lower part of the bumper that needed to be changed.... the rest was fine so I think (fingers crossed) I have done really well. I just have SOOO many questions! lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
According to realoem.com one of those part numbers will fit the following models, if you have not already used the site the link is here

It wouldn't make sense for Mini to make lots of different sizes of fitting for the same thing as it would make things expensive and complicated on the production line. Unless the JCW body panels/cut outs are different.

View attachment 69551
Thanks for this, it's a really useful reference.

Finally bought a pair of UJ lights on ebay.

I was bidding on a used pair on ebay earlier which I missed out on, but noticed a 20% discount code, so grabbed a new set for £215 from eurowagensltd1 which were cheaper (by a whole £1!) than the used ones went for.

Let the coding / fitting fun begin!

·
Registered
2017 John Cooper Works
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unbelievable! You couldn't write it! By the time I got hold of my friend he had sold them. I found an auction on eBay but lost out to a bit of £216. When I lost I looked up and found the ones from eurowagonsltd.., they only had one left... I pondered it the just went to buy them.... And they were gone! What are the chances! 😁😁😁

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unreal!

What a small world we live in 😀

If you're ever after something on ebay then do message me, so we don't end up bidding each other up 😀

I've been watching ebay for a while, the discount codes come up quite often, so hopefully you'll get sorted soon....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just an update - lights arrived at 10am today having being despatched yesterday afternoon.

Brilliant service from eurowagens, although they were not sure if they were compatible with the car and weren't keen on sending them to me.... I had to put in writing that I wouldn't return them if they turned out not to work.

As far as I'm aware, having LED headlights would mean that, apart from a bit of coding, they should be fine?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here got mine today as well at 10. I think some cars even though they have LEDs at the front have halogens round the back, some LEDs all round, some halogens all rounds. You may be plug and play, you may need to switch some options in BimmerCode. Try it and see what happens. I’m waiting until the sun comes out a bit before fitting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a quick update, I fitted and coded them in under an hour today and all is well.

It was surprisingly easy and no damage occured to the car or myself!

For reference I copied this coding from this thread exactly and they worked first time.

In the 3061 LcxOutputChannels2 section

Rear left and right LED turn signals:
FRA_H_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_L_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

FRA_H_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_R_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

Rear Lights:
BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_L_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

BL_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_R_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

Rear Brake Lights:
BFD_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_L_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

BFD_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_R_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

I'm really pleased - they look great!

Now for some more mods.... 😀

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a quick update, I fitted and coded them in under an hour today and all is well.

It was surprisingly easy and no damage occured to the car or myself!

For reference I copied this coding from this thread exactly and they worked first time.

In the 3061 LcxOutputChannels2 section

Rear left and right LED turn signals:
FRA_H_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_L_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

FRA_H_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
FRA_H_R_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

Rear Lights:
BL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_L_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

BL_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BL_R_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

Rear Brake Lights:
BFD_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_L_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

BFD_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG change to nicht_aktiv
BFD_R_IS_LED change to aktiv —> Code

I'm really pleased - they look great!

Now for some more mods.... 😀
Hi, I'm looking at doing this.

I phoned a local MINI dealer up who quoted over £500 to supply, fit and code these lights! I obviously won't be doing this but the guy mentioned about having to swap some pins around on the wiring.

Was this the case with you when you fitted yours?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 John Cooper Works
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi there,

I got mine a week ago (bought from eBay) and I didn't need to fiddle with wires. This depends on what model you have I believe. I just needed to code a few things which was easy finding the info on the web.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

I got mine a week ago (bought from eBay) and I didn't need to fiddle with wires. This depends on what model you have I believe. I just needed to code a few things which was easy finding the info on the web.

Thanks,

Mark
Thanks for replying.

Yea, I'm looking on eBay too from the seller you got them from. I've read elsewhere about having to move pins but not sure if this was for the US model.

I have a '16 plate Cooper S with front LED lights.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had to move pins because mine’s halogen. If you have six wires for six pins no change needed. Halogen only has five wires.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts