Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I'm looking at doing this.

I phoned a local MINI dealer up who quoted over £500 to supply, fit and code these lights! I obviously won't be doing this but the guy mentioned about having to swap some pins around on the wiring.

Was this the case with you when you fitted yours?

Thanks
Luckily not - if you've got LED front lights (which I have) then there is no need to change any of the wiring.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea, I'm in no rush for them as they're an early birthday present to myself but just bought them now to secure the good price!

I'll offset the cost further by selling my current pre-LCI lights when these are fitted like I have done with most parts I've replaced on my MINI!

Have you got the Bimmercode settings that need changing in English or will they show up as German when I connect to my car?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
783 Posts
Yea, I'm in no rush for them as they're an early birthday present to myself but just bought them now to secure the good price!

I'll offset the cost further by selling my current pre-LCI lights when these are fitted like I have done with most parts I've replaced on my MINI!

Have you got the Bimmercode settings that need changing in English or will they show up as German when I connect to my car?
Bimmercode is in English

When connected to the car you want to change all rear light bulbs from Halogen to LED (except reverse as this is still a bulb) and switch all cold and warm monitoring from Active to Not Active.

The standard rear lights aren't worth much used so it makes sense to keep them and swap back when you sell the car - you'll get more for the UJ lights used

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see everyone on the Thread is from UK. Is there anyway to ship the Union Jack lights from the US? I only find links shipping from UK.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts