Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I want to fit a reversing camera on my 2016 Mini Cooper D. I want to use an aftermarket rear view mirror with monitor. Has anybody taken off the rear view mirror from the windscreen please. I took the plastic housing off to see how it was fixed and it doesn't look like it's easy to remove!

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Not easy-there's a sensor/camera under there and it would maybe need recalibrating-could be hard work-but not sure!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not east-there's a sensor/camera under there and it would maybe need recalibrating-could be hard work-but not sure!
Thanks for your reply, I did think that, miss a reversing camera, may go for one you attach to existing mirror, just thought it might look naff

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
533 Posts
Depending on your setup, you can retrofit a genuine reversing camera that will display on the centre info screen.

See my signature for links.

It's a lot easier on the F56 than my F54 too...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on your setup, you can retrofit a genuine reversing camera that will display on the centre info screen.

See my signature for links.

It's a lot easier on the F56 than my F54 too...
Thanks for your reply. I have seen the retrofit modules, I could probably do it but I don't fancy taking the central display apart.

·
Premium Member
2016 F54 BMW Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
533 Posts
Entirely your choice, but it's not as difficult as it looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts