Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this new owner swag package on Friday. It was a nice and unexpected surprise from Mini. The bag/backpack was actually the shipping package. It is lined with tough plastic and it was inside out when I received it with the shipping labels plastered on it.

Did everyone else get something like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Just two Mini carrier bags and two umbrellas. Didn't expect anything at all so even that was a nice surprise.

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Nothing,nada,zilch. If they are mini umbrellas they're£40 to buy!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess I have to take back the things I said about Mini not being as nice to Canadian customers.

My local dealer also gave me the rubber mat set (essential in Vancouver) and two keychains.

Mini Canada gave me my choice of accessories as a thanks for enduring the EPA delay. Even though my health prevents my use of it, here is what I chose...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
Wow, nice. I did get two key to be forgot that one, that bikes very nice!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I received the same package as you. That is all I have ever received from Mini Canada. My dealer never acknowledged the EPA delay other than the guy who did the delivery telling me what a pain that was for them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well I guess I have to take back the things I said about Mini not being as nice to Canadian customers.

My local dealer also gave me the rubber mat set (essential in Vancouver) and two keychains.

Mini Canada gave me my choice of accessories as a thanks for enduring the EPA delay. Even though my health prevents my use of it, here is what I chose...

That's a cool little bike, bet it costs a fortune if you had to buy it!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a cool little bike, bet it costs a fortune if you had to buy it!
Yes, it is very nicely made. It has more Mini logos on it than two real Minis and a cute little lime green bell. It folds up very small so it can go in the back of the car. The chain is teflon coated so no greasy stains on my interior.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was looking at those bikes 2 weeks ago at the dealer. They were $500-600 US. Can't believe they GAVE you one! So far I haven't got anything but 2 dealer keyrings, but I did get a great discount on the car. It's been less than a month, so maybe Mini Santa will still bring me something. I've been a nice boy, haven't revved the engine past 4500 rpm, well not much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mini gift

I was given a Mini umbrella but just assumed the dealer gave everyone one.
Impressed with your bike gas a gift, I've just bought one on eBay for £125, which was hardly used.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They don't even sell umbrellas at the Mini dealers in Vancouver. Only tourists use them. Those who live here are born waterproof and we gasp for air if our gills get dry.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Stingray, I got the same package from MINI Canada. I too thought it was very cool. I keep cleaning cloths in the bag in the trunk.

I love the bike and I'm sure you will too. It's a Tern badged for MINI, I have a similar one. Without spending a whole lot more, you can't find a better folding bike.

Have a blast!
Oost

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am almost putting an order for a mini 4 door hard top but I have yet to negotiate the deals. I hope I can get the bike!
The Yaletown dealer is the best one to go with. They really care about keeping customers happy.

I didn't get treated well at the other dealership. They gave me kind of a "have your look and get out" kind of attitude. They didn't even regard me as a legitimate buyer. I don't think I fit the typical buyer "profile".

I didn't visit Richmond so I can't say anything about them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just received this new owner swag package on Friday. It was a nice and unexpected surprise from Mini. The bag/backpack was actually the shipping package. It is lined with tough plastic and it was inside out when I received it with the shipping labels plastered on it.

Did everyone else get something like this?
I got this same package the other day from UPS, courtesy MiniCanada, but nothing for the EPA delay.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All I got from Mini Mexico was a bunch of useless stuff and this friction car which is very nice.
The car is pretty cool. How popular are Minis in Mexico? A Mex flag on the roof would be cool. I have noticed you guys get some cool GM models that we don't get.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts