Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching high and low for a UK company that has done or at least is developing a remap for the F56 Mini Cooper S, but without success.
I can't find anyone at all, and can't see the reason for this.
Back in 2003 when I bought a new Cooper S I took it to a company called GGR in Leicester who remapped the car with great results..
So does anybody know of a decent company who has a remap available..

Regards

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke to Graham Goode Racing who previously worked on my R53.
Apparently remaps are hard to find for the F56 Cooper S, as the ECU has something they call " corrective mapping". Basically that means any new software that is uploaded is corrected/deleted by the ECU.
But I am to call them back next week to talk to there Head Guy, who has a Cooper S that's is in development with a Remap..
Will post, what they say next week..

Regards

·
Super Moderator
7,906 Posts
Excited ing as am sure there is a lot of potential here. Must be doable eventually since the engine will soon be jcwd!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had my R53 remapped when I first bought it and have also had a BMW diesel remapped in the past. Both cars where transformed, torque and power increased, but most noticeable was the throttle response, which was so much better..
Never had an issue with either car..
There are so many targets these days the car manufacturer must meet, for noise/emissions etc etc..
So we shall see who develops a remap for the F56..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Superchips are hoping to develop one late November early December, albeit it will be a piggy back system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Superchips have my car in later this month to develop a plug and play solution and also a proper ECU remap. Their Dev car they had booked in for last year pulled out so I have offered mine. Excited to see the gains they can get from both solutions. Although not sure which one to take the car away with.

The benefits of plug and play are pretty obvious when it comes to dealer visits etc, but I could get better results from a clean remap.

Superchips have had to rework the way they build there solutions for the new "F" chassis as BMW have made if much harder to fiddle these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.