Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking to buy a 2015 Cooper S any want a bit more grunt , I would normally go remap route for about £300 but reading about the cars with crank issues I am a bit concerned :-( so might consider a tuning box so if engine let's go I can remove before attempting warranty claim anyone used either , good or bad experiences? I had a quote from Celtic for £450 and a local tuners for £300 both offering 270-280 bhp :) seems rude not too ......

·
Registered
615 Posts
It's easy enough to import the NM module in although if in UK the £ is very weak right now with Brexit activities!

I like the concept of the NM where there is only a single cable to connect so very easy to remove if needed but as mentioned no official UK supplier for the NM module.

I have the JB4 and very pleased with it but the installation is more complex with having to feed a single ODB2 cable through the firewall between engine bay and interior. The latest cable has to be cut and re-connected to fit through on RHD models as the hole is too small for the connector to fit.

Other options is Racechip, TMC and DTUK tuning boxes which also do similar jobs which are readily available in UK and also Dinan have one which is available from US.

I think most if not all have good support network so can help if there are issues and problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.