Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2019 Mini F56 with 800 miles on it greeted me with a flat battery after 2 weeks of travel. The car had to be jump started. After that, and driving for 120 miles on the freeway everything works fine, except the remote buttons on both keyfobs, and the tpms. I cleared error codes of TPMS with bimmercod, and reset tpms in idrive, but the initialization fails at 0% with “TPMS malfunction”. Also theremote button on both keyfobs would not lock/ unlock the car. I have to use the little black button on the comfort access exterior doorhandles for that. The car starts normally? Anyone had the same problem after having a new 12 V battery installed in their car?

·
Registered
MINI COOPER F56
4 Posts
Hi, I wonder do you resolved your MINIs issue? I have encountered pretty much the same issue with my 2015 F56 MINI COOPER recently, I got messages displayed as below, I still can start the engine with keyfob place at KEY symbol on the steering column otherwise MINI wouldn't turn on or start, but remote entry/locking function normal.

First one
Tyre Pressure Monitor (RDC) failure
Unable to detect any loss of the pressure.
Check tyre pressures manually.
Possible to continue journey.
Have the problem checked by your MINI.

Second one
Remote control
Remote control not present or fault.
Engine cannot be started.
See owner's handbook.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I still can start the engine with keyfob place at KEY symbol on the steering column otherwise MINI wouldn't turn on or start, but remote entry/locking function normal.
The fob has a chip inside which sends out a signal to the car when it's close enough, this is why the car will start even if the remote isn't working (chip doesn't need power from the remote battery)

·
Registered
MINI COOPER F56
4 Posts
Thanks Robby, it seems that way, I have two keyfobs they act the same, bought two new batteries with no help, but they still can remote control lock/unlock the car, it was fine last two and half years.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wonder if there is a resync procedure with the fobs like on some BMWs and VWs, etc?
With these you have to press and hold the lock/ unlock buttons for a couple of seconds to resync them to the car - usually after a flat battery on the car or after a new fob has been programmed?

·
Registered
MINI COOPER F56
4 Posts
I don't know if I got a flat battery, I usually drive less than 5min to and back from work lol 19k on the clock, the battery is 5 years old, do you know the sequence to resync the keyfob?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't know if I got a flat battery, I usually drive less than 5min to and back from work lol 19k on the clock, the battery is 5 years old, do you know the sequence to resync the keyfob?
Never tried it. This is the only guide i found online which is for earlier cars

I only drive 80 miles a week to work and back, don't use it at the weekends and luckily my battery has been ok. I've only driven 190 miles since xmas ude to being off work so keep mine on a CTEK charger to maintain it.
The lifespan of a battery is 3-5 years so i'd recommend getting yours tested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts