Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded in my 2010 Clubbie for a 2015 F56 and I would like to change out the turn signal indicators.
Does anyone have information on how to remove them?

Thanks in advance

:nerd:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds easy!? Thanks !

Registered
If you look under the hood, at the end of either side is a plastic cover with some wide plastic caps that screw off with a coin. Remove these and carefully pull the cover off which will expose the well where the indicators are. It's easiest to push from the inside and change the bulbs and/or assembly once the indicator assembly is out. Putting everything back in is just the reverse.

Reactions: callumgott

Registered
When I installed my side scuttles all I did was pop them off from the bottom and pop them back on after installing scuttles.
I didn't even try that....Maybe I made it more complicated than it needed to be! lol

Registered
Just updating this thread with instructions as I removed and wrapped the side indicators with smoked black vinyl yesterday. There is a very easy and safe way to remove these that doesn鈥檛 involve potentially snapping plastic.

1. Get a plastic trim tool or a very small flat screwdriver wrapped in masking tape so you don鈥檛 mark the paint on the body.

2. Slide the tool into the very top of the side indicator between the car body and indicator housing, you may need to start at the top edge to slip it in.

3. At the very middle of the indicator is a metal tab, you will need to push the tool downwards towards the ground to unpatch this clip.

4. The top of the indicator will now release from the body, it can then be pulled out freely out and upwards, there should be nearly zero force required. If it won鈥檛 budge then you haven鈥檛 released the clip in step 3.

5. To release the bulb from the indicator, locate the thin white plastic tab and carefully lift it upwards and rotate it over the slightly raised plastic line on the indicator housing. This raised plastic line is locking it in place and preventing it from rotating. You need to rotate it 90 degrees. Once rotated you can pull out the bulb.

Hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.