Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya
Does anyone have experience of removing the colour line trims in the F56 please?

Mini seem to have forgotten that people with imagination might want to buy their cars: My simple request for Mini Yours off-white trims which also gets one the led stripe in the doors, but with a red colour line to give it, Heaven forbid, actual colour in the interior, is deemed to be too outrageous.

Enter plan a: pull out the offending grey colour line and plasti-dip it yellow or orange or anything with pop
Or plan b: buy a real red colour line as a spare part and swap out the grey.

Either way will need to pull out the trims. I believe the door arm rests just pull out, and the old model the colour dash bits can be bought as spares, but what about the lower dash lovely red bits?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Sootylove,
Do I assume that you are buying new?
As I have just collected my MCS, and I think that mine was built with the interior trim you are after.
Not sure where your from, but I no problems building this combination, so I would go and have a word with a good dealer.
If you would like to see my interior, search my post about my new Mini coming to Kent, last page, as there are a few interior shots.
If buying used then I agree, the Mini yours white is very rare, but looks great.
Blazing Deb

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm afraid that the colour line trims cannot be removed from the dash! My car was delivered with some marks on the colour line and to rectify the entire dash was replaced. I've looked at the parts catalogue and there is no individual part numbers for the bits either.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info

bummer, regarding my plans. Looks like it will have to be a VERY clever masking job for in-situ spraying. But one must have colour inside.
Did the replacement dash work out ok?

cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Sootylove,
Do I assume that you are buying new?
As I have just collected my MCS, and I think that mine was built with the interior trim you are after.
Not sure where your from, but I no problems building this combination, so I would go and have a word with a good dealer.
If you would like to see my interior, search my post about my new Mini coming to Kent, last page, as there are a few interior shots.
If buying used then I agree, the Mini yours white is very rare, but looks great.
Blazing Deb
HI Blazing Deb

thanks so much for your reply and the photos - that looks fabulous.
Yes Im just about to order, after a year of process.

It may be a glitch in the matrix that I can't combine the red and white - some idiosyncrasy, or idio-idiocy actually - of the package differences between countries.

Im going to show your piccies to the branch manager here and see what I can do.

cheers
Sooty

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sootylove,
Good luck and feel free to use the pictures.
Let me know how you get on.
Where are you?
Blazing
Deb
Hi Deb
Im in Auckland, New Zealand
My sense is, that without another dealer for 500 miles, who is owned by the same bmw parent company anyway, if someone asks for something difficult they just smile sweetly and dont actually care. Cos if you need a mini you need them.
But I will talk to the girl tomorrow and see if I can make some headway.
Thanks for the pics, have emailed them to my sales assistant.

cheers
Sooty

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news - Thanks to Blazing Deb's photo, and my persistence, my sales Assistant at the Auckland Mini Garage hassled the head office until someone there pushed the right buttons on their computer to let me order the Off-White interior with Red trims. 'Twill be unique in this country I guess. Now, only 3 months to wait….
Thanks to all involved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts