Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have the Remus Cat-back System V2 installed on my car now for 7 months or so. I am very happy with the sound when the valve is 100% opened, just a joy!! But my car is a Mini Cooper S F55 automatic and in D, normal mode it shifts very fast on low revs, pre 2000 rpm. The new V2 was delivered with a bigger end muffler and no front silencer/resonator. V1 was with front silencer and smaller muffler.

When it shifts on these low revs, with the valve closed i get a very HIGH pitching bass sound in the car at a certain amount of acceleration. It is so annoying as if someone opened a massive bass sound in the car, so i have to manage my gas throtteling. Does anyone else have the same experience?

So Remus is also selling this front resonator/silencer as a part seperately (755014 0300), I was wondering if that would solve this low rev bass issue with the valve closed without affecting the sound with the valve open that much of course.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do Remus have to say about it? Has it been fitted correctly?
It is fitted professionally by the tuning company where I bought the kit. I am still waiting on the reply of Remus.

I don't think there is something wrong with the mounting, it is just the lower revs that make allot of noise in the car. it all comes from the rear muffler. When cruising or when using certain amount of throttling then this sound goes away.

As much as I love the crazy sound when the valve is 100% opened I want it to be quiet when it's closed, not just outside but also in the car.
The solution by the tuning company seems to be an option but I honestly would like to hear the toughts of Remus on this. As far as i know the Cat-back system was never delivered with this front resonator, while the front resonator was being sold separately. It also has almost the same part number of the "racing pipe" delivered with the cat-back system. Resonated pipe: 755014 0300, racing pipe: 755014 0000

I just don't want to throw money at them and come to a conclusion that the front resonator is actually making the whole system more quiet even with the valve fully opened. There is also no way to test it so either i buy it and end up with a pile of metal extra or all my problems go away.

Best scenario would be: the heavy sound in low revs fully disappear and just a tiny loss in sound when valve is fully opened. I still want the brawr when shifting gear (it's an automatic) and the mental bangs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts