Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, I have recently bought a MCS, deep blue with black rims, its my first car btw, my mother had the previous model and falled in love with it its so funny to drive and so stable at high velocities, now I could reach 130 mph with the F56 and it was amazing, the thing is that I´d like to install the Remus exhaust but I was wondering if it sound close to the JCW tuning kit ? cause Remus has like different a racing tube or an sport tube so which one would be like the JCW tuning kit? I asked my dealer about the JCW kit and it seems its not been sold here in Mexico, maybe later... I am thinking on order it on line but I am worried about the warranty...

on the other side I was thinking about the JCW brakes does anybody have any info about this ? I think the car will look amazing with the red calipers but what about the performance? I have driven my fathers 3 Series BMW and its totally different the way it breaks I mean that´s obvious but I think maybe upgrading the brakes would be a good thing... but I am just so into the Remus because of the noiseee>:D

greetings from Mexico !

I was wondering if anyone from Mexico has installed the Remus Valve? I want to know if there will be any problem with the warranty if I do it...

·
Registered
615 Posts
As mentioned above, you may need to factor the cost of new wheels but you may be abke to sell your old wheels to recoup some of the cost.

Depending on wheels you have, it maybe possible to use spacers (20mm) to clear the calipers but wheels may stick out too much for some.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hi everybody, I have recently bought a MCS, deep blue with black rims, its my first car btw, my mother had the previous model and falled in love with it its so funny to drive and so stable at high velocities, now I could reach 130 mph with the F56 and it was amazing, the thing is that I´d like to install the Remus exhaust but I was wondering if it sound close to the JCW tuning kit ? cause Remus has like different a racing tube or an sport tube so which one would be like the JCW tuning kit? I asked my dealer about the JCW kit and it seems its not been sold here in Mexico, maybe later... I am thinking on order it on line but I am worried about the warranty...

on the other side I was thinking about the JCW brakes does anybody have any info about this ? I think the car will look amazing with the red calipers but what about the performance? I have driven my fathers 3 Series BMW and its totally different the way it breaks I mean that´s obvious but I think maybe upgrading the brakes would be a good thing... but I am just so into the Remus because of the noiseee>:D

greetings from Mexico !

I was wondering if anyone from Mexico has installed the Remus Valve? I want to know if there will be any problem with the warranty if I do it...
Check the North American Motoring, MINI JCW subforum there are several there that have the Remus exhaust. It seems to be comparable to the JCW PRO for sound. I don't know if it has the program that comes with the JCW PRO that gives you about 30 additional HP to the wheels.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
I read your title and thought JCW breaks, what is the problem!!!!!!!!

Until i read your post about brakes or exhaust, it depends on how you want to use your mcs. If you want to drive it hard, go for the brakes and good tyres.
If you want to very occassionaly drive it hard but want it to sound great, go for the exhaust.

For me it would be the exhaust but i have the JCW so not a comlete unbiased point of view.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi everybody, I have recently bought a MCS, deep blue with black rims........the thing is that I´d like to install the Remus exhaust but I was wondering if it sound close to the JCW tuning kit ? cause Remus has like different a racing tube or an sport tube.....
Hey ya! MCS in Electric Bue with black rims here. I also looked at the JCW brakes as an upgrade but the cost, including replacing my 17" Cosmos wheels was way too prohibitive for me.

I *did* install an Remus catback valvetronic exhaust. With the valve closed, it would be hard to tell the difference between it and a JCW exhaust. With the valve fully open it's definitely louder and deeper in tone than than the JCW. Also, the exhaust snap-crackle-pop is more aggressive. I generally run the value at 25% or 50% open so as not to be too offensive out on the street.

DJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.