Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a stock 2015 MCS F56. I have a question about the Remus exhaust systems. I'm looking at the one that replaces the whole system and one that replaces half of it. My question is: does the one that replaces half of the system have that Bluetooth remote that opens and closes the valve. Also, is it a good exhaust? Thanks, fellas.

· Registered
6 Posts
I also have a 2015 MCS F56 and just had the system installed yesterday. I purchased the 'Sport' version and the system, from the downpipe rearward, was replaced - leaving the forward CAT in place. Not sure if that's the exact same part number to which you're referring. You might want to give the Remus USA guy a call to insure you're buying the system you want. The sound with the flapper valve closed is near to (in volume) to the original exhaust but the tone is noticeably deeper. In Ferrari mode, the difference is much more pronounced but not obnoxious at all. In short, I find the Remus system deepens the exhaust note much more than it increases the volume. If that makes sense.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a 2015 MCS F56 and just had the system installed yesterday. I purchased the 'Sport' version and the system, from the downpipe rearward, was replaced - leaving the forward CAT in place. Not sure if that's the exact same part number to which you're referring. You might want to give the Remus USA guy a call to insure you're buying the system you want. The sound with the flapper valve closed is near to (in volume) to the original exhaust but the tone is noticeably deeper. In Ferrari mode, the difference is much more pronounced but not obnoxious at all. In short, I find the Remus system deepens the exhaust note much more than it increases the volume. If that makes sense.
So you didn't get the axle-back version correct? You got the whole catblack exhaust?

· Registered
6 Posts
Yes, if I understand it correctly, the axle back system extends rearward from the rear axle and seems to include a rear muffler. The CAT-back replaces almost the entire system, including resonator, starting at the front CAT (attached to header) - hence, CAT-back. It was a bit pricy and adds more of a growl than a bark - with the added fun of the flapper valve adjuster. Just was I was hoping for.

· Registered
28 Posts
Reading your post and not sure If I'm going to be 100% happy :(. Few days ago ordered Remus exhaust, as well. Based on youtube and posts I read, I expected that is louder than oem one.

· Registered
6 Posts
It is louder but, not to put too fine a point on it, the tone is deeper than the sound is louder- if you take my meaning. You might also wish to opt for the "Race" version which eliminates the front resonator entirely. I went with the "Sport" version which is quieter. Horses for courses.

· Registered
28 Posts
It is louder but, not to put too fine a point on it, the tone is deeper than the sound is louder- if you take my meaning. You might also wish to opt for the "Race" version which eliminates the front resonator entirely. I went with the "Sport" version which is quieter. Horses for courses.
So, Remus exhaust has been installed, I must to say, its sounds amazing! >:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.