Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
This sound ok but if this is your first time modding a car remember most insurance providers only insure mods of up to 10% increase

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is actually the first I've heard of this!

NM Eng and Burger Tuning both have similar modules. The figures they're boasting sound promising. I would like to know what the setup was for those figures though. What fuel were they using, any other mods to the test car, etc. I'd also like to know if this is for the 2014's B48 engine only or if it will also work with the B46 engines used on 2015+ models.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have my Mini booked into Superchips next month for a week so they can develop both a plug in module and a cleaner ECU remap. They have a great reputation so I'm am very interested in the gains I will get.

I will post info on in once the remap is developed.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from RaceChip support convo:

Me: Hi,

I'd like to know if your ultimate chip is for the 2014's B48 engine only or if it will also work with the B46 engines used on 2015+ models.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/mini/mini/3-f56/cooper-s-141kw/index.php <http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/mini/mini/3-f56/cooper-s-141kw/index.php>

Thank you,

James
Dear Mr. James,

thank you for your mail and your interest in our products.
Every RaceChip fits only in one kind of engine.

We programm every motherboard for the specific engine.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
With best regards,

N. Warschun
Me: So which engine does it fit? Your website doesn't specify the engine it only specifies the model of the vehicle.
Dear Mr. James,

the B48 engine from BMW fits on your Mini Cooper S with 141kW. The values of the engine are the same, the B46 version hasn't a automatic transmission and no right hand drive variant.

--> http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/mini/mini/3-f56/cooper-s-141kw/index.php

Some more information about this engine:
--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B48

Best regards,

Adriano Iannuzzi

·
MiniF56.com Vendor
61 Posts
@jamesahy. I just saw this post and I apologize for not getting back sooner. When I visited the Remus headquarters we actually installed a couple of these on a Mini F56 and a BMW 320i. We only did the install on the Mini for training purposes but we did dyno the 320 and it was quite impressive. They are all tested on the European models and the octane is higher so the gains may be a bit higher for the European cars compared to the US but only minimal.

The unit allows you to drive in different modes. Most will drive it in sport I am assuming but it alows you to control the modes by using the external buttons on the box. We were able to increase the HP on the BMW by 60 HP using the Powerizer. The settings will not be that high when they are sold but it goes to show how much the engines are detuned when sold. The tech had to use software to change the settings on the unit to get the 60 HP gain and that is not what the end buyer will see but it does show the capabilities of the unit.

The piggyback concept is nice as it stays within the parameters set by the factory without exceeding them. If they are exceeded the CEL will come on and you can adjust the box down to get within the mapping parameters. There is no flashing involved and can also be removed with no trace that it was ever installed.

We do recommend having an experienced shop do the install and follow the directions to a T as any wrong connection will trigger codes so you must adhere to the install instructions very carefully. The results are impressive for the cost and when combined with the Remus Responder it is like driving an entirely different car. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions should you wish. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Seems good. Could it be the same as racechip? As they use exact the same numbers? Also you tric the engine. Lets say your engine is a factory freak. It already has 215 hp or more. Boost is already higher. Now the tuning box is added so it could make 255 hp due to the factory freak engine. So how do we know it is safe?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got a Racechip on order for my Cooper. I'll post results on a separate thread...but thought I'd be the guineapig here. Hope I'll have some good news later this week, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would guess that the Remus chip is made by Racechip of Germany

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/mini/mini/3-f56/cooper-s-141kw/index.php
I can confirm that this is the exact casing of the Racechip Ultimate. I fitted the Ultimate to my MCS in Feb. This is my 3rd Racechip having used them previously on an Abarth 500 and Abarth 595 and I can say that it makes a big difference without affecting fuel consumption overall. I can't confirm exact dyno figures, only seat of the pants feel! I was going to sell my Ultimate having ordered a JCW (delivery this week) but Racechip are going to re-programme it for free once they have studied a JCW, which will be anytime soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts