Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about upgrading/building my own Exhaust on my Mini and I came across this
Universal Exhaust from Remus on Ebay. I wonder if that could be fitted to the F56. I have a local Muffler Shop that does a lot of great work out of his shop custom building Exhaust for the budget minded motorist. Would like to get some FBack from the pro,s before I start a new modding adventure.:)

Brand new Remus Stainless Steel Universal Exhaust System.

Manufacturer Part Number:
002905 8598

Body measurements: Diameter 6" Length 14.15"

Connection 2.15"/2.35"/2.55"

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is a really small inlet for the muffler. Are you looking to replace the whole exhaust or just the muffler section? Also that may look weird coming out because of the shape of the exhaust cut out - it is designed for a dual tip muffler. http://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1022_1031_1109&products_id=52&osCsid=289c4ec1dc96d1c83b64627d22cbf071

I run that - I have a 3" exhaust but they have other inlet sizes. They all fit perfectly within the heat shield area and the cut out for the tips and it sounds lovely.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The catch with exhausts is it can be a black art in getting it right. Do you want extra performance, purely better sound or looks.
The last 2 is pretty easy to do but to design a system for improved performance takes R&D to get it right.

A single large exhaust tip out the back in the middle will look pretty racy.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HD, I forgot all about VIP over in Scottsdale. I might make a trip over to the Guys and talk to them. I just want to get rid of the "Tooth Pick" that is on it right now and improve the growl/flow a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts