Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

This is my first post so i hope im writing this in the correct section

I do have a mini cooper S F56 with halogens headlights like this
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Headlamp Rim
and i'm wondering if it would be possible to replace that orange glass by a white one without replacing the whole headlight. I believe it exists and some minis F56 have this OEM
Analog watch Clock Camera accessory Automotive lighting Gas
. I did some research but still haven't found anything regarding this glass. I don't where to look to buy this little piece.

If any of you has a response i would be really interested.

Thanks

· Registered
15 Posts
depending where you are from, you may need to add a reflector to the front of your car somewhere to pass inspection, when I lived in Pennsylvania I got clear turn signals in my 1988 k car, (it looked weird I know). they had me add a reflector to the bumper so the car would pass inspection because a lot of cars count on the turn singles as the required amber reflectors. but after I moved to New York they don't require it.

· Registered
2014 MCS Thunder Gray Hatch
123 Posts
As mentioned you would have to open the headlight which is a nightmare in itself. That requires putting the light in your oven until the butyl rubber softens so you can open the light. Then best of luck getting it sealed back up after the fact

1 - 4 of 4 Posts