Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing my number plate plinth with a brand new OEM one from MINI. However, my JCW has the spotlights on the front.
When I take the bumper off, have I got to be extra careful because of these or re-screw these into the plinth? Not sure how they're planted.
I've never taken a front bumper off, so not sure if it's worth me just getting the gloss black grill surround and number plate plinth and asking a vehicle customisation shop to do it for me.

Thanks all

·
Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
64 Posts
The video below provides a good overview of the process to take the bumper off and replace the plinth. The spotlights are mounted on brackets that pass through the grill and attach to the front bracing. The wiring also goes through the grill, and I recall reading a statement that the connectors may be too big to pass through the grill slot once the lights are installed. Check out this forum discussion about installing the spotlights for some more information: 2014 F56S Aux Driving Lights Install

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I remember correctly on my last car, it was easier to strip the wiring from the bulb end to be able to pass it though the grill. The part sticking through the grill remains on the car, the rest comes off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts