Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - I've noticed a bit of wonkiness from my Media XL unit where sometimes it won't connect to my iPhone properly and also it wouldn't play or recognize music stored on the car's own HD.

It resolved itself after about 30 minutes, but I was wondering, is there a way to restart/reboot the whole entertainment system? I had thought it was holding down the power button for between 10 and 30 seconds but that didn't do it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try holding down the Menu button for about 10 seconds on the main controller (near the handbrake).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that and it didn't seem to do anything. That said, car on, just accessory mode, etc...? I did it with the car on and engine running.

Now that said, I did notice sometime later last week that the MINI logo did very briefly show up on the screen and then it went to the main menu (screen with Settings, MINI Connected, Navigation, etc...).

Still, it seems that when I use a phone connected to the arm rest for a while, and then disconnect, that's when I'm noticing the issue. I can use the audio features and such, but just can't use MINI Connected or Journeymate when it's stuck like this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts